The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Surrey - good??

OK excuse my blind prejudice against the University of Surrey, but I always imagined it to be pretty crap, yet they seem to be Top 5 in Electro Engineering, Top 10 in Biological Sciences, and Top 20 in Computer Science. WTF? Is it actually a respectable uni?

Again, please don't neg rep me - I'm not trolling, I'm just gobsmacked that Surrey is doing so well in the rankings and wondering whether this is justified.
Reply 1
I know what you mean. I never heard to Surry Uni untill i done a search for top Uni's for Nutrition. In most city's you have the good well known uni, then the crapper version, like Bath and Bath Spa, Cardif and UWIC and Bristol and UWE, Surrey just seem to be on its own lol. As i've been looking at Uni's and applying etc, i've realised that different Uni's are good for their different subject areas and its about the place you feel like you can live for the next 3 years. I got offers at Kings which is miles above Surrey in the general league tables and would probably look miles better on me CV but i liked Surrey better. Fingers crossed i'm going there in 2010.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
i.am.lost
OK excuse my blind prejudice against the University of Surrey, but I always imagined it to be pretty crap, yet they seem to be Top 5 in Electro Engineering, Top 10 in Biological Sciences, and Top 20 in Computer Science. WTF? Is it actually a respectable uni?

Again, please don't neg rep me - I'm not trolling, I'm just gobsmacked that Surrey is doing so well in the rankings and wondering whether this is justified.

Why are you so ****ing gobsmacked?

Latest

Trending

Trending