Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just to be a bit of bore and give relevant reasons about 'said' countries: here goes.

Canada is great and all, peace loving and as such - but I have a plethora of canadian friends who are here and don't want to go back. Canada's weather can be atrocious at time, I'm sure not all of Canada is the same - but we are talking ridiculous tempratures here. They all took the piss out of, well not really me - but the UK as a whole - how the country stopped with three days of snow (early on this year) and was saying that it wasen't even comparable with Canada.

I'd also love to go and live in Canada once I've finished uni, but apparently to be a solicitor with english grades is pretty much useless. They're very 'protectionist' when it comes to that sort of thing.

To be honest, for some reason me and Australian people don't seem to get on - but I'd have to say Australia. It's got the same sort of state benefits we embrace here and it's as democratic. Plus it's hot. Negative though - large insects, snakes and as such are a waste of my time.

ReputationRep:
    You know I would love to live in Canada, but Im scared, there was a film was there not known as the Day after Tomorrow? Where global warming causes countries above the equator to freeze, so nations such as Sweden, Canada (where I want to live), UK, US, Norway, Switzerland, France etc will freeze.

Obviously the above is all based on a film, but for the love of god I cannot get it out of my head, it really scares me, otherwise Australia for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i-Citizen)
    You know I would love to live in Canada, but Im scared, there was a film was there not known as the Day after Tomorrow? Where global warming causes countries above the equator to freeze, so nations such as Sweden, Canada (where I want to live), UK, US, Norway, Switzerland, France etc will freeze.

Obviously the above is all based on a film, but for the love of god I cannot get it out of my head, it really scares me, otherwise Australia for me
    The ones above the equator might freeze and such, but Australia may do the opposite..boil over and be burnt down by massive bushfires.

Still my vote for this thread is Australia, probably because of low crime (most areas), way of life, and government benefits never stop.

ReputationRep:

That happens every year in northern countries. It's called winter.

ReputationRep:
    Burma.

ReputationRep:
    Georgia.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chic)
    That happens every year in northern countries. It's called winter.
    Commendations on such a witty comment, I meant as in those countries will freeze over permanently, like a new Ice Age. Oh well my vote still goes for Canada, even though I know nothing about it, Toronto just seems wicked in films does it not? lol plus it looks like a cleaner version of this country and friendlier people.

But can someone tell me whether doctor treatment, education and other stuff like this country is free in Canada?

ReputationRep:
    India!

ReputationRep:
    Commendations on such a witty comment, I meant as in those countries will freeze over permanently, like a new Ice Age. Oh well my vote still goes for Canada, even though I know nothing about it, Toronto just seems wicked in films does it not? lol plus it looks like a cleaner version of this country and friendlier people.

But can someone tell me whether doctor treatment, education and other stuff like this country is free in Canada?
    Yeah I know. Sorry, my sense of humour is not at its best when it's nearly 5 in the morning!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chic)
    Yeah I know. Sorry, my sense of humour is not at its best when it's nearly 5 in the morning!
    Haha its ok, no your right and you cant tell the time either, its 4 am right now isnt (unless your living elsewhere apart from the UK, in that case sorry).

God such a geek, im off to bed, you go bed too .

Canada for the win

ReputationRep:
    Haha its ok, no your right and you cant tell the time either, its 4 am right now isnt (unless your living elsewhere apart from the UK, in that case sorry).

God such a geek, im off to bed, you go bed too .

Canada for the win
    It's 5 in one of the countries you mentioned, which happens to be where I am atm. Which means I really should be off to bed! It's daylight and all.

ReputationRep:
    US :dontknow:

How different is Canada compared to the US?

ReputationRep:
    Monaco, I've been twice, it is truly amazing. You couldn't ask for any more from a country. Sun, Money, Woman, Beach, scenery, culture, zero theft (taxes).

I fly the Monaco flag on my car. So should you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mel0n)
    US :dontknow:

How different is Canada compared to the US?

Canada is cold and full of french people.

ReputationRep:

Yes, Canada has universal health care (it's not a perfect health care system, but much better than most) and free education until secondary school.

Universities are comparatively much less expensive than the United States, but then again, we don't have any "name-brand" schools like the US or UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rockrunride)
    The United Boroughs of London.
    The United Boroughs of Stabbedy Stab Stab.

But yeh, Canada ftw. All those people saying the US are major tools/probably american and unaware that other countries exist besides Mexico.

ReputationRep:
    Being a Canadian, I felt such a surge of pride seeing how many people picked Canada as the best country! Obviously, I am a little biased myself, but I happen to agree!

To me, the best thing about Canada is its multiculturalism. I am always surprised to hear people complaining about immigrants in their country or worrying about the fact that their national identity is being lost. There are, of course, problems with the Canadian immigration system, but, by and large, we've done immigration really well. Our immigrants are really well-integrated, while still being able to maintain their identities. Race-based tensions are quite rare, if any at all (at least where I live in Canada).

On the other hand, many Canadians feel the country is not as glamorous and doesn't have as many opportunities. A lot of my friends have taken jobs in the US, where the pay is higher and there is more opportunity for advancement. I, myself, will be coming over to the UK for school this year. So, there is a feeling among Canadians that the country is dull and unexciting. I guess you always want what you can't have!

ReputationRep:
    The answer?

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSA
    USA
    USA
    UUUUUSA
    USA
    USAAAAA

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Mr. Tinkertrain)
    The answer?

UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSA
    USA
    USA
    UUUUUSA
    USA
    USAAAAA

HOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
    lol.

You're gonna get negged like 10 times for that. :p:

(Original post by Rainbow-Dream)
    The question was "What is the BEST country in the world?" and you replied "the UK"
    i was just saying it's not a country :p:
    Since when is the UK not a country?

ReputationRep:
    I'm more of a Hacksaw Jim Duggan fan than I am a supporter of my country.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.