Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm a bit worried, the best 3 days ive had a real lack of appetite and have simply been forcing myself to eat, im not feeling sick..or anything, just not hungry and no foods are taking my fancy. I'm worried as it is causing me to start feeling a bit faint and i just want to throw up when im eating something, took me half an hour just to eat a small yogurt as it was so unappetising...

anything i can do to relieve it before i see a doctor?

ReputationRep:
    I find my appetite goes up and down at times as i think most peoples do, obviously not to the extreme as to what you are saying, good plan to go to the docs. if it continues.

Have you tryed soups/cuppa soups and things, as they given are not the best form of nutrition but they will give you something to sustain yourself on, there not that much like food, as they dont need to be chewed etc.

ReputationRep:
    i'm going through the same thing actually. Suddenly lost my appetite yesterday and havent really been eating since.... dunno!

ReputationRep:
    I just force fed myself a ryvita and have brought it up, something is really wrong..not like me to not eat at all

ReputationRep:
    It always happens to me but for months on end. I've had my appetite back for about 2 weeks now.
    Something to do with suffering depression.

It happens to every ones (the whole loss of appetite thing, not what happens to me)
    In your case I'd go see the doctor about it.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.