Turn on thread page Beta

Do you regret your first relationship? watch

My first boyfriend was a CHAV!!!
    I regret it, especially as im the complete opposite

ReputationRep:
    I do and I don't. I do because he was so flipping clingy, my friends hated him and he just wasn't right for me. But I don't because I learnt so much from it. Learnt what not to do in following relationships, all which i've applied to my current relationship and its been so much better!

ReputationRep:
    Not at all, my first bf was totally lovely. I still like him tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Nope she was great and it taught me a lot :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Considering the extent to which it shaped me and steered the course of my life, I can't credibly regret it.

ReputationRep:
    Like the above poster I do and I dont.

I was with him for such a long time (almost 5 years) and there were times that I was so, so happy- but by the time we broke up I was just so ready to not be in a relationship with him anymore because of how I felt he was treating me that theres some underlying resentment there, and I kind of feel like I 'wasted' my teenage years. I was with with him between the ages of 15 & 20.

I think maybe I dont regret the relationship so much, more the fact that it didnt end sooner and that I let it become too much of my life. Hard not too after that long though.

ReputationRep:
    For about two years after we broke up i did.. but then we ended up being quite good mates and i actually look back on it fondly now. He might have been a knob but at least i had fun :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm not exactly proud of my first relationship, the guy was a jerk. But if I hadn't ended up in a relationship with him, I'm sure I would have found someone else, equally awful.

ReputationRep:
    Yes and no.... he still means everything to me and it was amazing so I don't regret it, but it still hurts so badly and it makes me sad to see how much he's changed since he dumped me so I kind of do in a "if it hadn't have happened we'd both be happier right now" way.... :/

ReputationRep:
    Yes because It was a horrible relationship, which is why I ended up leaving him. And no because if I hadn't gone out with him, realised what an idot he was and then left him, I wouldn't be with my current boyfriend

I understand, though he is a pain in the arse today, he was a valuable piece that taught a lot about relationships, however i still regret it

ReputationRep:
    Bit of both I guess. The guy was a bit sleazy and quite a lot older than me (I was 16, he was 28!) and I never felt 100% comfortable around him. But it did teach me a lot like others have said. I try not to regret experiences too much because we always learn something from every different experience and it shapes us into (hopefully) wiser, more knowledgeable and more self-confident people.

Gosh, its a bit late for me to be getting so philosophical :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    He treat me like ****, he cheated on me consistently. I wasn't happy at all.
    I'm glad I broke up with him. Especially since he now has a kid!

ReputationRep:
    I don't regret many things in my life because I believe I have learnt lessons from them and that this has shaped who I have become. My first relationship was ****, though. Anger problems, jealousy, guilt tripping etcetc. Most things you would expect from two immature teenagers.

ReputationRep:
    erm not rly..she was a nice person but was waaay to clingy,

ReputationRep:
    I don't wish it hadn't happened, but it was pretty **** and I certainly wouldn't go there now.

ReputationRep:
    My first proper relationship, no. I learnt a lot from him and what not to do in future :p: I wouldn't want to go back and change things because it's all worked out really well I think

ReputationRep:
    I don't regret it, I just don't understand why I didn't end it sooner. Two and a half years! It was slightly ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the only person who's only ever been in one relationship. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    In one word, yes.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.