Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Do you regret your first relationship? watch

My first boyfriend was a CHAV!!!
    I regret it, especially as im the complete opposite

ReputationRep:
    I do and I don't. I do because he was so flipping clingy, my friends hated him and he just wasn't right for me. But I don't because I learnt so much from it. Learnt what not to do in following relationships, all which i've applied to my current relationship and its been so much better!

ReputationRep:
    Not at all, my first bf was totally lovely. I still like him tbh.

ReputationRep:
    Nope she was great and it taught me a lot :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Considering the extent to which it shaped me and steered the course of my life, I can't credibly regret it.

ReputationRep:
    Like the above poster I do and I dont.

I was with him for such a long time (almost 5 years) and there were times that I was so, so happy- but by the time we broke up I was just so ready to not be in a relationship with him anymore because of how I felt he was treating me that theres some underlying resentment there, and I kind of feel like I 'wasted' my teenage years. I was with with him between the ages of 15 & 20.

I think maybe I dont regret the relationship so much, more the fact that it didnt end sooner and that I let it become too much of my life. Hard not too after that long though.

ReputationRep:
    For about two years after we broke up i did.. but then we ended up being quite good mates and i actually look back on it fondly now. He might have been a knob but at least i had fun :p:

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm not exactly proud of my first relationship, the guy was a jerk. But if I hadn't ended up in a relationship with him, I'm sure I would have found someone else, equally awful.

ReputationRep:
    Yes and no.... he still means everything to me and it was amazing so I don't regret it, but it still hurts so badly and it makes me sad to see how much he's changed since he dumped me so I kind of do in a "if it hadn't have happened we'd both be happier right now" way.... :/

ReputationRep:
    Yes because It was a horrible relationship, which is why I ended up leaving him. And no because if I hadn't gone out with him, realised what an idot he was and then left him, I wouldn't be with my current boyfriend

I understand, though he is a pain in the arse today, he was a valuable piece that taught a lot about relationships, however i still regret it

ReputationRep:
    Bit of both I guess. The guy was a bit sleazy and quite a lot older than me (I was 16, he was 28!) and I never felt 100% comfortable around him. But it did teach me a lot like others have said. I try not to regret experiences too much because we always learn something from every different experience and it shapes us into (hopefully) wiser, more knowledgeable and more self-confident people.

Gosh, its a bit late for me to be getting so philosophical :eek:

ReputationRep:
    Yes.
    He treat me like ****, he cheated on me consistently. I wasn't happy at all.
    I'm glad I broke up with him. Especially since he now has a kid!

ReputationRep:
    I don't regret many things in my life because I believe I have learnt lessons from them and that this has shaped who I have become. My first relationship was ****, though. Anger problems, jealousy, guilt tripping etcetc. Most things you would expect from two immature teenagers.

ReputationRep:
    erm not rly..she was a nice person but was waaay to clingy,

ReputationRep:
    I don't wish it hadn't happened, but it was pretty **** and I certainly wouldn't go there now.

ReputationRep:
    My first proper relationship, no. I learnt a lot from him and what not to do in future :p: I wouldn't want to go back and change things because it's all worked out really well I think

ReputationRep:
    I don't regret it, I just don't understand why I didn't end it sooner. Two and a half years! It was slightly ridiculous.

ReputationRep:
    I'm the only person who's only ever been in one relationship. :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    In one word, yes.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.