Turn on thread page Beta

Do you regret your first relationship? watch

ReputationRep:
    Nope, it was fun and I liked her a lot at the time, and learnt and did lots.
    Hopefully the next will be better for it.

ReputationRep:
    my first boyfriend was when i was 13. typical high school silly drama. but i dont regret it. we're still friends now and im 22. we laugh about our funny relationship.

my first SERIOUS relationship however, is a different story. im not sure if i regret or not.

ReputationRep:
    Nope not really, learnt loads from it, but very glad it's now over as she did turn out to be quite the opposite to me, and she went a bit psycho...

ReputationRep:
    Only proper one was pretty weird. I regret allot of my actions and the person in question was a bit young and a biatch.

What you expect from two peeps with not much experience. Far as I know the ex had about 4-5 'relationships' since. Me none apart from one or two fling. She obviously needed someone to be happy.

End of day whats in the past is in the past. Why worry about it. Just make improvements and don't make the same mistakes in future. Also makes you more aware on what u want for the future.

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it was done on a whim because I thought why not?! He got ridiculously clingy and started talking about marriage, I'm 16 for goodness sake. Then when I ended it because it got 'too serious', he started trying to emotionally blackmail me saying things like "what does it feel like to know you've crushed someone's hope and dreams?"
    NEVER RUSHING INTO ANYTHING AGAIN!

ReputationRep:
    Not at all, I wish we could have been together longer. Best thing that ever happened in my life.

ReputationRep:
    No way! It was an absolute fail, I was too immature at 14 to understand how it really worked, especially since the bf was 16 but through one thing and another it changed my life
    I regretted it for a while, but I learnt to look back and appreciate what I wouldn't have if I hadn't been in it, I guess. Plus it came with sufficient drama for me to make plenty of mistakes and learn from them.

ReputationRep:
    My first gf was annoying.

ReputationRep:
    My first REAL relationship ended 5 days ago and as much as I should hate him right now I don't haha...
    We were together for 9 months and the first 7 were completely great, but in the last 2 he started putting things before me, especially theatre. I didn't mind if he did it occasionally, but I was always last behind theatre, his priority was always theatre, if he had did theatre every day for a week and then had a choice of seeing me or theatre, then he'd choose theatre... he was just too work orientated for us to be in a happy relationship. So that plus the fact the spark just died in the last couple of months because we didn't do anything EVER and he wasn't willing to put the effort in to try and get it back meant we couldn't really be more than friends, so we ended it mutually.
    Even if I was a bit upset for the last couple of months I still don't regret it, he did teach me a lot and make me 'grow up' in a way. I became more independent and things, plus I have some great memories

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 24, 2009
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.