Turn on thread page Beta

When Lifters Cut watch

• View Poll Results: Which?
    Bulked
    26.19%
    Cut
    73.81%

ReputationRep:
    I found this: Dave Gulledge. Strongman. 800lbs Squat, 700lbs Bench Press, 735lbs Deadlift.

But I think some might be more.

He's the older brother of Kyle; the one I posted a vid of pulling over 800lbs at 19. Kyle pulls more than Dave though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_alerts)
    Im a tad skeptical about the desire on forums to be a powerbear. Sure it earns man points online but in reality, day to day life?

That said Im a vain **** so biggish and cut will do me.
    In day to day life no one checks your abs. In day to day life, you do things. Some of those things may require you to pick something up or hit someone hard. I'd rather be stronger.

Plus, I would imagine it'd be less stressful diet wise to remain in the larger state.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    I found this: Dave Gulledge. Strongman. 800lbs Squat, 700lbs Bench Press, 735lbs Deadlift.

But I think some might be more.

He's the older brother of Kyle; the one I posted a vid of pulling over 800lbs at 19. Kyle pulls more than Dave though.
    I've seen Kyle's deadlift at 19. These guys were ridiculously strong juniors and teens but seem to have gone under the radar since :confused:

700 lbs is 317.5 kg and Jim has pressed in the 320s I think so if those lifts are accurate and up to date Smack is not quite right.

ReputationRep:
    I really couldn't care less about abs. I didn't even have them when I was 150lbs @ 6'1. You won't miss, what you never had.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, spose worst case scenario you could cut like a ***** and still look fat a la Adonis.

ReputationRep:
    Aha ha ha ha!!!! Adonis is fat! lulz!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    In day to day life no one checks your abs. In day to day life, you do things. Some of those things may require you to pick something up or hit someone hard. I'd rather be stronger.

Plus, I would imagine it'd be less stressful diet wise to remain in the larger state.
    Dunno about you mate, but nothing I do in my everyday life necessitates a 700 lb pull.

As for the question. I think he looks damn good in the picture Smack posted.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RawJoh1)
    Dunno about you mate, but nothing I do in my everyday life necessitates a 700 lb pull.

As for the question. I think he looks damn good in the picture Smack posted.
    Is that right tough guy? Well ok then, why don't you tell us all how YOU change a car tyre! :mad:

ReputationRep:
    Neither but preferably A.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Is that right tough guy? Well ok then, why don't you tell us all how YOU change a car tyre! :mad:
    My car doesn't have tyres, I just carry it everywhere.

ReputationRep:
    I've got no real desire to be like either of those, but if I had to choose I'd go for the first. The second one just looks over-the-top and I think it would be difficult not to get judged negatively by most people for it. The guy in the first picture is clearly hugely strong but the extra fat means he just looks like a chunky guy. He's not fat by any stretch of the imagination though so it wouldn't be unhealthy and people wouldn't think his size is down to fatness.

Really, I like looking how I do - not particularly big but at least noticeably leaner and more muscular than most. I don't like the idea of having any sort of body that jumps out at people as extreme; I'd rather people thought "Yeah, that guy's in pretty good shape" than "Oh my God! Look at him!" any day.

ReputationRep:
    The new guy in Big Brother is getting his ass kicked online coz of his size because he's ripped. If he had a layer of chub they wouldnt look twice.

Not sure what my point is. Lol.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Smack)
    In his other pics Gulledge looks perfectly happy.

OK maybe not.

However, if I had his bench press then I'd be the strongest bencher in Britain. I'd be smiling more often if I was him.
    that is a thick ass double bi, absolutely solid!!! the guy looks awesome in that pic, i would much rather look like that any day!

why look fat when you could look jacked? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    Guy A would be the **** out of guy B. And that is a very valid and relevant point.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)

in my year at uni, i had like 1 or 2 fights and didnt lift anything heavy outside the gym, i couldnt even count how many people asked to feel my arms, touch my chest and ask to see my abs (though after the first month or two of uni i had to decline with the abs thing thanks to my perma-bulking lol!) but seriously, it was a LOT, pretty much everytime i go out (to a place with drunk people!!) someone says something.

and the thing is, once you are like over 220lbs, definately 250, and not fat, so you got a decent muscle base, no-one really starts any **** with you anyway. the only guys bigger are serious about training and seem to have more respect for others who do, so you dont seem to get trouble.

thats what i found anyway.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rozzr)
    in my year at uni, i had like 1 or 2 fights and didnt lift anything heavy outside the gym, i couldnt even count how many people asked to feel my arms, touch my chest and ask to see my abs (though after the first month or two of uni i had to decline with the abs thing thanks to my perma-bulking lol!) but seriously, it was a LOT, pretty much everytime i go out (to a place with drunk people!!) someone says something.
    You're probably really sexy; we're not all that sexy.

I just think, the guy is big in both pics. In pic A he's stronger and pic B he's weaker. In pic B, he'll get a lot of attention/crap and everyone will think he's on gear; in pic A he'll be under the radar a little more.

He has traded "Can" for "Looks like he Can".

I've always had the same sort of mentality in life. I used to be heavily into street racing back in the states and I used to go out of my way to make my car look slower. What you would call a "sleeper".

ReputationRep:
    you want people to under estimate you then?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 7777777)
    you want people to under estimate you then?
    Is that a bad thing? In racing yes. In being big? I don't know what that would mean exactly. Underestimate how strong I am? Like rozzr said, no one that size gets ****** with anyway.

I just think, walking around, living life, I'd be happier as a whole being as A. Dieting is just hell for me and I think if I had to live trying to keep a 6 pack all the time, I'd kill myself and others around me.

ReputationRep:
    I think in strength being under estimated is awesome. Mainly in fights...

I agree about the dieting though. I'd rather just eat steak...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    You're probably really sexy; we're not all that sexy.

I just think, the guy is big in both pics. In pic A he's stronger and pic B he's weaker. In pic B, he'll get a lot of attention/crap and everyone will think he's on gear; in pic A he'll be under the radar a little more.

He has traded "Can" for "Looks like he Can".

I've always had the same sort of mentality in life. I used to be heavily into street racing back in the states and I used to go out of my way to make my car look slower. What you would call a "sleeper".
    i guess i am kinda sexy :rolleyes:

Id guess to most people he looks a load better in pic B, he wouldnt get **** like people shouting at him (from a distance!) that he is fat like he probs would in pic A, and that sort of thing. But yeah, he will get a LOT of **** about gear... damn, i got people shouting steroids at me when i was like 170 or so at 6'1"... kinda made me laugh as i was nothing, drunk people huh!!

Woah cool, i used to do a lot of the car modding thing too (till i ran outta money ha) and i know what you mean about the whole sleeper thing, it is awesome just giving some kid the shock of his life! I had a load of engine work done to one of my old cars and gave a few people a surprise!!

you moved to the UK from the states!? As soon as i finish uni i'm gonna be trying everything to get myself out there!

But yeah, pic B is better because he can still shift a LOAD of weight... and you can actually tell he does too

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.