Announcements
  • View Poll Results: Which?
    Bulked
    26.19%
    Cut
    73.81%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Is that a bad thing? In racing yes. In being big? I don't know what that would mean exactly. Underestimate how strong I am? Like rozzr said, no one that size gets ****** with anyway.

I just think, walking around, living life, I'd be happier as a whole being as A. Dieting is just hell for me and I think if I had to live trying to keep a 6 pack all the time, I'd kill myself and others around me.
    agreed, but at 280 i think he will still be eating (and using) a LOT but still stay lean!!

when i cut, once i have reached ALL my strength targets, i am going to do it real slow, just a small deficit, and make sure i don't lose any strength and just gradually lose a small amount of fat each week until eventually i get where i want to be.

that way i dont have the living hell that is a big cut!!! and if strength doesnt go down that will be awesome for motivating me too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by burningnun)
    My car doesn't have tyres, I just carry it everywhere.
    Swole car.

ReputationRep:
    mm, mm! thats one of the tastiest looking ones you've posted in a while brother ^^ :P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rozzr)
    i guess i am kinda sexy :rolleyes:

Id guess to most people he looks a load better in pic B, he wouldnt get **** like people shouting at him (from a distance!) that he is fat like he probs would in pic A, and that sort of thing. But yeah, he will get a LOT of **** about gear... damn, i got people shouting steroids at me when i was like 170 or so at 6'1"... kinda made me laugh as i was nothing, drunk people huh!!
    You think people would really shout at him that he's fat? I think it's all in our mentality. A bodybuilder would DEFINITELY say A is fat, whereas a big ass monster powerlifter would say he should gain some weight. I think he looks like a Strongman competitor.

Woah cool, i used to do a lot of the car modding thing too (till i ran outta money ha) and i know what you mean about the whole sleeper thing, it is awesome just giving some kid the shock of his life! I had a load of engine work done to one of my old cars and gave a few people a surprise!!

you moved to the UK from the states!? As soon as i finish uni i'm gonna be trying everything to get myself out there!
    Yeah, I was in it pretty big. In fact, I got arrested at the age of 17 for drag racing. Three tickets; Contest of Speed, 90mph in a 30mph zone and a Curfew ticket (no under-18's after midnight in Houston). Good times.

I had a 5.0L Mustang that used to scare the **** out of a few people; my parents most of all. I avoided all the usual stupid ass go-faster visuals. I even had open-close cut-outs in the exhaust that I could control from within. It would roll up all nice and quite and then just before a run I'd pull the cable and they'd open up with an almighty fury. Nowadays the expensive sports cars have automatic butterflies that open after a set rpm. :rolleyes:

You could also say my car was on "gear," and that some people consider "gear" cheating. But I just wanted to go fast.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    You think people would really shout at him that he's fat? I think it's all in our mentality. A bodybuilder would DEFINITELY say A is fat, whereas a big ass monster powerlifter would say he should gain some weight. I think he looks like a Strongman competitor.
    Hm maybe, maybe not.. by that stage most people would stay the **** outta his way!!! But still, i bet behind his back people would call him fat, etc and say he looks horrible... that sorta thing.

Me personally, i wanna be pretty strong, but still i wanna have good proportions, be pretty lean, look healthy and feel like i look damn good!

For me it's not so much what you can lift but more how much you look like you can lift... but still, that said be able to lift a load of weight!!

(Original post by SMed)
    Yeah, I was in it pretty big. In fact, I got arrested at the age of 17 for drag racing. Three tickets; Contest of Speed, 90mph in a 30mph zone and a Curfew ticket (no under-18's after midnight in Houston). Good times.

I had a 5.0L Mustang that used to scare the **** out of a few people; my parents most of all. I avoided all the usual stupid ass go-faster visuals. I even had open-close cut-outs in the exhaust that I could control from within. It would roll up all nice and quite and then just before a run I'd pull the cable and they'd open up with an almighty fury. Nowadays the expensive sports cars have automatic butterflies that open after a set rpm. :rolleyes:

You could also say my car was on "gear," and that some people consider "gear" cheating. But I just wanted to go fast.
    damnnn, man you guys have the sickest cars over in the states... 5.0l mm mm!! im looking forward to upgrading to a 2.5 v6 lol

houston, cool my buddy lives overe there for parts of hols (to keep his green card legit), so i hope to be going there soon and visiting!

how come you came to the UK man?

ReputationRep:
    The first picture is that of a man who might have been a king 1000 years ago. The second picture is one of the inaccurate modern conception of that man. Were I in a position to pledge my fealty to one of the two, it would be the first, as my faith in his abilities would be more likely rewarded.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)

Whats the insurance like in the states for young drivers?

It would be sweet to get a system like the above made up for mine and quieten the ****** up. Stop the ringing ears after a spirited motorway drive Must've set you back a fair few $$$. Sleepers are the only way forward tbh, less is more...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rozzr)
    damnnn, man you guys have the sickest cars over in the states... 5.0l mm mm!! im looking forward to upgrading to a 2.5 v6 lol

houston, cool my buddy lives overe there for parts of hols (to keep his green card legit), so i hope to be going there soon and visiting!

how come you came to the UK man?
    My sincere condolences.

I came here because I married an English girl. Then I decided to study medicine and I didn't think my "barely-passing" D average would get me into a med school there. So I showed up to some med schools here in the UK and said, "I'm from Texas *****es! When do I start?" And thus I'm now a med student.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0v0s)
    Whats the insurance like in the states for young drivers?

It would be sweet to get a system like the above made up for mine and quieten the ****** up. Stop the ringing ears after a spirited motorway drive Must've set you back a fair few $$$. Sleepers are the only way forward tbh, less is more...
    Insurance was cheap there. On my mothers 1.6 Honda civic it cost me $30 a month at the age of 16; would've been cheaper if I had paid yearly.

For my Mustang at 17 it was $180 a month; again it would have been cheaper had I paid yearly/bi-yearly.

The cut-out dumps themselves were very cheap; like $30. And I used to be in Auto Tech in high school so we had a full shop with any and every tool needed. Just used a saw to cut out the existing exhaust, then weld it in. There are two types; one that you can run a cable into the cabin so you can open on the run. The other type you have covers bolted down that you have to crawl under and undo when you're racing.

http://www.jegs.com/c/Exhaust_Exhaus...11529/10002/-1

ReputationRep:
    This is pretty much exactly what it looked like. Colour, trim, wheels (for a while):

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Insurance was cheap there. On my mothers 1.6 Honda civic it cost me $30 a month at the age of 16; would've been cheaper if I had paid yearly.

For my Mustang at 17 it was $180 a month; again it would have been cheaper had I paid yearly/bi-yearly.

The cut-out dumps themselves were very cheap; like $30. And I used to be in Auto Tech in high school so we had a full shop with any and every tool needed. Just used a saw to cut out the existing exhaust, then weld it in. There are two types; one that you can run a cable into the cabin so you can open on the run. The other type you have covers bolted down that you have to crawl under and undo when you're racing.

http://www.jegs.com/c/Exhaust_Exhaus...11529/10002/-1
    180$ :eek: ...5.0litres...v8...= rappage in the uk!

Mmmh, so did you have the standard exhausts in place and not bother to fabricate tips for the diverted flow?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by red_alerts)
    We can only dream of finding a sock-pants combo like that.

Im a tad skeptical about the desire on forums to be a powerbear. Sure it earns man points online but in reality, day to day life?

That said Im a vain **** so biggish and cut will do me.
    powerbears get more posetive attention becuase women see it differently to you:

• Not a vain ****
    • Manly
    • Rugged
    • Will actually go out to eat in a normal resturant without crying at macro levels in the mixed grill
    • Doesn't require waxing the chest
    • Doesn't involve dream tan
    • Is far more functional
    • Healthier
    What you will find as you grow up is that there are very few women who appriciate bopdybuilder style men, but lots who appriciate big manly men i.e Powerbears, bears are strong protective etc, bodybuilder styles are vain, arrogant and would likely spend more time in the bathroom busy shaving thier nuts that thier lass, thats just not right!

Bodybuilding is another form of Metrosexual, appearace and self obsessed.

Bears, well we eat stuff and lift big stuff up.

ReputationRep:
    Powerbears can kill spiders too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    My sincere condolences.

I came here because I married an English girl. Then I decided to study medicine and I didn't think my "barely-passing" D average would get me into a med school there. So I showed up to some med schools here in the UK and said, "I'm from Texas *****es! When do I start?" And thus I'm now a med student.
    This wins

I voted B, but that's a bit big for me still. Being a football player, I'd rather be smaller :cool:

But I'd probably prefer to be B if I had to pick...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    TBH i train for physical appearance first and not super strength. Thus i would always rather have a 6 pac than be A. Personally i wouldn't want to be B as that's too big ,possibly slighltly smaller but as defined.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Powerlifter)
    powerbears get more posetive attention becuase women see it differently to you:

• Not a vain ****
    • Manly
    • Rugged
    • Will actually go out to eat in a normal resturant without crying at macro levels in the mixed grill
    • Doesn't require waxing the chest
    • Doesn't involve dream tan
    • Is far more functional
    • Healthier
    What you will find as you grow up is that there are very few women who appriciate bopdybuilder style men, but lots who appriciate big manly men i.e Powerbears, bears are strong protective etc, bodybuilder styles are vain, arrogant and would likely spend more time in the bathroom busy shaving thier nuts that thier lass, thats just not right!

Bodybuilding is another form of Metrosexual, appearace and self obsessed.

Bears, well we eat stuff and lift big stuff up.
    I think most women see 'powerbears' as fat. I also think most women would prefer someone who is cut. Not neccesarily to ridiculous levels but i know most would prefer a 6 pac or some sort of firmness over a flabby belly.

ReputationRep:
    He doesn't look happy.

EDIT: Actually I think that's a fake pic.

ReputationRep:
    This is where I would want to be ideally http://a485.ac-images.myspacecdn.com...e2204caae4.jpg and he looks happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SMed)
    Yeah but which would you rather live as? But I think we know your answer already.
    powerbear of course x

ReputationRep:
    i mean, he looks superhappy

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.