Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

there is another girl after my boyfriend! Watch

ReputationRep:
    Thats right, i might have some competition! Well not really, because its his pet cat.

Seriously though, (and im not the only one who has noticed this!) my boyfriends cat constantly follows him around. she tries to sit between us when we are cuddling on the sofa. i went to the toilet in the middle of the night and she was just sat there in the front of his bedroom door, and at like, 9am this morning (well, yesterday now) and she was scratching the door and trying to get in!:eek:

apparently when he's not there she does wierd things like sniff his shoes and sleeps in his bed etc.

does anybody elses cats act in this way? like all needy and protective? i thought only dogs aced like that.

I am totally jealous though. :cool: I wish i had a cat that loved me as much as this!!:p:

ReputationRep:
    Awwww that's so sweet! I want a cat :sad:

Just remember you have the upper hand and can shut her away in another room :p: or give her a toy or something?

ReputationRep:
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Drown it

ReputationRep:
    Never met a cat like this
    My dogs are like it with me though.

ReputationRep:
    LOL. What the? :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    I think it depends on the person. Clearly he is an animal person or the cat just loves him. I get this sort of thing with alot of animals (Dogs, Cats, Squirrels, Hampsters... the list goes on). Even my gf's pets (1 dog, 3 cats) try and get in for a hug and some attention when we are snuggling. Its really funny so I understand exactly what you mean!

ReputationRep:
    haha, my dog does that to my parents...he even jumps up between them when they're hugging lol

but, i think you might have to make the cat like you, everytime you sit with him and the cats around give her a treat, when you sleep with him in his bed and shes around give her a treat etc...make her associate you with good things...or something lol x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Trigger)
    Drown it

HAHAHA. i actually loled.

ReputationRep:
    :emog: Ha! My boyfriend's cat acts exactly the same way. She meows at the window when we're together to get out, then 5 minutes later she meows again to be let back in, just for the attention. She meows outside the bedroom door in the mornings wanting to get in, then sleeps on his bed when we're there. When we cuddle on the sofa she likes to sit on his lap and be stroked too :p: it's normal; felines are obviously the jealous type! :emog:

ReputationRep:
    cat fight!!!!! see the pun there lol..

ReputationRep:
    Cover yourself in coffee grounds and citris, cats can't stand the smell.

Or you could cover the cat in it, that'd probably be funny to watch.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.