Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just seen this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hcg-Q...eature=related

and there are many other vidoes by this woman on how to do a 'british accent'!!

What sort of incidences have you come across with people trying to do the accent? Worst films/plays with the accent in from foreigners?

ReputationRep:
    any episode of the simpsons or family guy that has british people in, though its not meant to be realistic :P

ReputationRep:
    LOL Coffeh!

This is absolutely genius. Recieved pronunciation (done badly) to cover all British Accents and Dialects. Absolutely sterling, it may be done terribly but it still good to laugh at

ReputationRep:
    God she's terrible!

ReputationRep:
    That football hooligan film with elijah wood has a pretty shocking example of a terrible accent in.
    I think its called green street?

One of the guys in that trying to do a cockney accent, My god. Its like an australian/cockney/newcastle hybrid. I dont even know where hes actually from, but its terrible.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePdDZ...CD0C24&index=3

The one in the cream jacket. Thats not even the best example of how terrible it is, but its all I could find.

This is more British people doing terrible American ones ...But Robbert Pattinson (the guy girls are crazy about :rolleyes:) has the worst accent I've ever heard! He's a mix between the posh British one and an American one. It's awful!

Though I am talking about his normal speaking accent, not the one he does in movies.

ReputationRep:
    Based on Recieved Pronunciation. I would have loved to see her do an accent from the North or West of England.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, thats funny
    I think another terrible but classic one will always be **** Van Dyke in Mary Poppins :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Hahaha "the dooog was lost in the fooog" :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Coffee? REALLY? Does anyone say coffee like that?

ReputationRep:
    She is so annoying...Barbie - Bobbie? You what now?! :hmmm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by She_said)
    She is so annoying...Barbie - Bobbie? You what now?! :hmmm:
    :rofl: I think she meant "Bobbie (in a reaaaaaally american way) - Bobbie (in her retarded british accent)" But i can see how you'd hear the first bit as barbie :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I seriously laughed when I heard 'coffee is not to be fought over'.

She said fart :laugh:

ReputationRep:
    Epic FAIL.

ReputationRep:
    Coffeh and Bobbeh LMAO

ReputationRep:
    :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    that is infuriating! koffeh?!!

ReputationRep:
    Koffeh... :/ I am going to use a standard accent on my next youtube video, and post it to her. "o" turned into an "aw" at the end. I will use this opportunity to demonstrate the English used in the south of England.

ReputationRep:
    Why do Americans insist we all sound like posh South Africans or Australians? :laugh:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.