Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know it will vary from firm to firm but I was hoping someone could give me some idea on the following questions:

Is it known for people to get a job offer with a 2.2 or 3rd?
    What is a usual starting salary?

ReputationRep:
    think 2:2 would be ok.. doubtful on 3rd mind! Would all depend on how the rest of your CV looks and competitiveness of the other candidates.

Think average starting wage is often low 10s i think. I know a top 20 firm were offering 13.5k for the first year on their grad scheme

ReputationRep:
    I wasn't expecting it to be that low. That wage makes teaching look attractive

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ideal)
    I wasn't expecting it to be that low. That wage makes teaching look attractive
    Bear in mind that the firm will be sponsoring you through your training course (paying for tuition and giving you paid study leave), and most likely paying for your first sitting of each exam paper - this is worth several thousand in itself.

ReputationRep:
    i guess so, and i feel that there would be more scope to develop through a small firm compared to that of a much larger one.

The very small starting salary is a massive put off still tho.

ReputationRep:
    if you think about it though you can double your salary in 3 years. When you are chartered you can get £30k easy!

Ive heard the training package is supposed to cost around £5k!!!

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to finance and bankingGuide to accountancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

ICAEW

"Choose a career journey with limitless possibilities."

Quick link:

Unanswered finance and accountancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.