Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Why do people have to mess you about; why can't they just be upfront? watch

Announcements

I went out with a girl the other week. Originally we were just going to get a drink, but then went for food, to the cinema and then watched dvds at mine. Nothing happened between us as it was only the first time we'd gone out. But she seemed to have a great time. I made her laugh a lot. She was visibly much more comfortable with me and not nervous by the end of the night.

She told me she'd be free the following week, and we kept in contact over that space of time. I think I struck a good balance between too little / too much, and sometimes she'd initiate conversation rather than me. But everytime I've brought up the subject of meeting up again, the texting abruptly stops. Even if my reply comes a couple of minutes after hers and we've been sending frequent texts.

I don't get it. She had a great time. I had a great time. I hadn't given anything like this a chance in a while, but now I did. And for once I actually felt something.

And now it feels ****.

Bring on the Port.

ReputationRep:
    Awww *hugs*

ReputationRep:
    I'm having this same trouble at the moment with a guy. We've been on about two dates so far, which have been relaxed and fine - but I think it's something about the pressure to 'perform' on the next one? Not perform as in sex, but to simply entertain each other. It goes away when we're actually together, but trying to plan what we'll do the next time can leave me - and him, it seems - a little unsure/relluctant?

I'm not sure if that's her problem though. I'm sorry she's being a little awkward!

ReputationRep:
    maybe she played hard to get?hope u never give up if its worthy

ReputationRep:
    Because sometimes avoidance is so much easier than telling the truth, especially if she thinks she's going to hurt you. Harsh but true.

ReputationRep:
    http://assets.knowyourmeme.com/i/337...olstorybro.jpg

ReputationRep:
    Maybe she didn't have such a great time as you thought. Just ask her why she avoids the subject, she just might not be interested in you in that way.

ITT: ******* cancerous newfags thinking "Cool Story Bro" is funny. Go back to /b/ and stop spouting old memes retards.

ReputationRep:
    Do what you say in the thread title, be upfront and just ask her, at least then you'll get an answer, or if there is another reason, she might realise she has got you rattled and get in touch.

ReputationRep:
    Be upfront and tell her what you told us and then see if being upfront works all the time

ReputationRep:
    That really stinks. Sometimes people just flake out like that...but don't be discouraged. It'll be worth it once you find someone genuine.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.