Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I know it pays fortnightly in arrears, but what day is it meant to go in?

My signing day is a Thursday, I first signed on on the 9th and received a payment on the 14th, but it only £94 so I figured that was the amount backdated from when I opened my claim. I have to sign for the second time this Thurs (23rd), when can I expect the payment for these last 2 weeks? Does it get processed as soon as you go in and sign?

Many Thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TOSCS)
    I know it pays fortnightly in arrears, but what day is it meant to go in?

My signing day is a Thursday, I first signed on on the 9th and received a payment on the 14th, but it only £94 so I figured that was the amount backdated from when I opened my claim. I have to sign for the second time this Thurs (23rd), when can I expect the payment for these last 2 weeks? Does it get processed as soon as you go in and sign?

Many Thanks
    Hi,
    When I was signing on it took 3 working days for it to be processed into my account, so when I went and signed on the Friday I got paid on the Wednesday so I assume you would be paid on the Tuesday

ReputationRep:
    http://www.jobcentreplus.gov.uk/JCP/...ges/index.html

The payment day depends on your NI number. Assuming you're referring to the 14th of July, that means your day is a Tuesday (which should mean your NI number ends with a number in the range 20 to 39). I'd expect that your next payment will arrive two weeks after your first - meaning Tuesday 28 July.

ReputationRep:
    Right I was just on the phone to them, what a ****ing joke of a system this is.

Apparently the first 3 days of your claim you don't get paid for, cannot think of any good reason why.

The £94 was for the period of the 27th-9th, and I will get £102 next Tuesday.

£195 in 5 weeks. That's a lot ****ing less than the £50.95 they tell you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TOSCS)

Apparently the first 3 days of your claim you don't get paid for, cannot think of any good reason why.

Yeah, it is crazy they don't give you more money for doing nothing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socmyoligy)
    Yeah, it is crazy they don't give you more money for doing nothing
    Searching for work =/= doing nothing, you daft ****.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TOSCS)
    Searching for work =/= doing nothing, you daft ****.
    Your comment "what a ****ing joke of a system this is" irritated me.

You should be grateful that there is a "system" at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Socmyoligy)
    Your comment "what a ****ing joke of a system this is" irritated me.

You should be grateful that there is a "system" at all.
    The fact that I pay taxes (when in work), and that we live in a semi/pseudo-democratic society means I have a right to complain about the quality of public service here. Not simply "be grateful" of its existence. The amount JSA pays in the UK is a joke compared to other countries so I'm not exactly being spoilt.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TOSCS)

Surely this is the correct amount? Two weeks = £102?

Not sure what you meant by £195 in 5 weeks.

(Only asking as I've signed on hopefully to get a few weeks of cash monies before some applications kick past deadlines in 2 weeks).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spark911)
    Surely this is the correct amount? Two weeks = £102?

Not sure what you meant by £195 in 5 weeks.

(Only asking as I've signed on hopefully to get a few weeks of cash monies before some applications kick past deadlines in 2 weeks).
    As I've read the situation, the "£195 in 5 weeks" thing is due to the initial delay in processing; once this is complete, the regular payments will the standard amount of £101.90 each fortnight.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Illusionary)
    As I've read the situation, the "£195 in 5 weeks" thing is due to the initial delay in processing; once this is complete, the regular payments will the standard amount of £101.90 each fortnight.
    Yup pretty much. I just find it ridiculous that, in their own words, I require £50 a week to live, yet I will have spent the last 5 weeks living on just £194

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TOSCS)
    Yup pretty much. I just find it ridiculous that, in their own words, I require £50 a week to live, yet I will have spent the last 5 weeks living on just £194
    At least it's on track now - good luck on finding that job

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TOSCS)
    Try living on nothing for six weeks while they process your application. I first signed on almost a month ago, called up last week to enquire why I hadn't received anything yet, only to be told that it could take another two weeks before I receive a payment.

And despite the fact that they haven't given me a single penny, they expect me to fork out the travel costs to and from the job centre to sign on every two weeks.

The system is absolutely useless.

ReputationRep:
    For ****'s sake.

Just went in today to sign on at 12.45

An hour later I'm still sitting there, the only time anyone said anything to me was when I was asked to move seats.

Eventually it came to the 1.45 appointments and loads of people came in and were seen before me so I thought **** this and went and asked someone what the ****ing script was. Turns out I was never meant to come in because I have some stupid 'workshop' thing at 3.15 and was meant to receive a letter. Not only did I not receive the letter but I was sitting there for 1 hour and 15 mins without anyone asking me why I'd been there for so long without being seen.

I cannot wait to leave this country.

ReputationRep:
    STILL have not received any form of financial support from them. Absolutely ****ing shambolic.l

ReputationRep:
    My boyfriend didn't receive any money for 3 months through no fault of his own. Once that was sorted he then didn't get any for a month. They are a joke, hardly anyone knows what they're doing and they lose forms left, right and center. That's why I want him to get off it asap as I'm sick of the stress from it all!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah but what's confusing me is I have already received one payment (weeks ago) so I was under the impression it was running smoothly and I would be getting the £101 or whatever 3 days after I signed on.

ReputationRep:
    You'd think so wouldn't you...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TOSCS)
    STILL have not received any form of financial support from them. Absolutely ****ing shambolic.l
    Same. I've been waiting well over a month now. Went to sign on today and was told that £80 (how that covers over a month's worth of JSA is beyond me) has been put into my account. I just checked my account and lo and behold... my balance hasn't changed. I called them up and gave them a ********** on the phone and was told the £80 will definitely be in my account later this week.

I asked the woman on the phone if she could live off £80 for over six weeks (not that I've actually been given the pitiful £80 yet) and she didn't even bother replying, she just fobbed me off with excuses.

I'm so poor

ReputationRep:
    Get a job u bums

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources

Articles and guides:

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A-Z of careers Advice on choosing a careerCV writing helpCovering letter helpInterview tips

Featured recruiter profiles:

CGI logo

CGI is open for applications

"Offering a range of apprentice and sponsored degree positions."

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

ICAEW logo

Merck

"Merck is a global leader in specialized pharma & chemicals – join us!"

Army logo

The Army is recruiting now

"With hundreds of roles available, there’s more than one way to be the best."

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Quick links:

Unanswered career sector and employment threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.