Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Pet Cheetahs watch

ReputationRep:
    Don''t laugh THIS IS NOT ATROLL. I AM SERIOUS

Ive been researching Wild animals as pets. Apparently you can have pet cheetahs, However for the life of me I can't find out if this is legal in australia or not. Ive spent the past 3 hours googling expecting to find a permit that you can get.

Cheetahs are appealing they act more like dogs apparently, and are the least aggressive big cats, and are quite small.

any help is appreciated, thanks

ReputationRep:
    I really wouldn't risk it. When fluffy the terrier goes crazy he can just kick him in the face. When your cheetah decides to kill you it's game up - no chance of running either.

ReputationRep:
    On the plus side, you know gangs use dogs to intimidate/fight? You'd probably have them beat.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know about cheetahs, but I would really love an Irish hare for a pet, only my dad says it's illegal.
    They would be so cute! If I was as fast as one of them, I could probably catch one in one of the many fields near my house...but I'm about as fast as a snail...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deep Thought)
    New Rig: (2x) Intel Xeon X5365 Quad-Core, (6x) Seagates 1TB, ASUS DSBV-DX, 12GB Corsair DRR2 RAM, ATI FireGL V5600, Samsung 48" LCD TV, Thermaltake DH102 HTPC case.

:yikes:

ReputationRep:
    **** yeah!!!! screw the permit, just get one!

ReputationRep:
    I wish people would stop trying to harness undomesticated creatures for their own personal benefit.

What is it you expect to get out of it? "Lolz you have a hi-tech computer and a cheetah - your penis must be huge!"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DisgruntledMoth)
    I wish people would stop trying to harness undomesticated creatures for their own personal benefit.

What is it you expect to get out of it? "Lolz you have a hi-tech computer and a cheetah - your penis must be huge!"
    yeah thats exactly the case isn't it? Actually for the computer I use to be a producer, as well as a developer. but that has passed.

Undomesticated? Cheetahs have been domesticated sine ancient egypt in fact they were as popular as dogs at one time.

ReputationRep:
    aww I want one.

ReputationRep:
    I don't care if its legal or not , wild animals should never be domesticated

ReputationRep:
    Why on earth would you want one?!

ReputationRep:
    THAT has got to be the coolest pet EVER!

I'm thinking of getting a croc in the future too. Well at least the damn reptile ain't fast

ReputationRep:
    I want a pet wolf.

ReputationRep:
    Well my sister's obsessed with tigers and was delighted to find out you can get a license etc and own one, I'd assume there'd be something similar for your case

ReputationRep:
    anybody knows how to get a croc? Legally or illegally i don't care... but guys I think the cheetah and the tigers are gonna cost a fortune to acquire. How much do they cost anyway just to be curious

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    :yikes:
    I'd imagine it's for 3D work but not gaming. That Graphics card isn't really designed to game and a GTX295 should easily beat it when it comes to games, but the card in Ops' rig would be much better at other 3D imaging.

But yeah.....must have cost a bomb. Company he works for given it him maybe?:confused: :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jelephant)
    Well my sister's obsessed with tigers and was delighted to find out you can get a license etc and own one, I'd assume there'd be something similar for your case
    yeah, there is. Its just finding out how much, and whether I can or not since I live in Australia.

ReputationRep:
    Guard Cheetahs are the best :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who gets an "exotic" pet just because they think it's super awesome looking deserves to be eaten by it IMO. If you like them why not just help out at a sanctuary or something?

ReputationRep:
    I wanted a cheetah for my 10th birthday.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.