Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Pet Cheetahs watch

ReputationRep:
    I heard a story about some rich Russian who had two pet tigers, and then they ate him.

It made me laugh.

Spoiler:
    Show
    (I felt somewhat justified because the guy was a violent criminal who had made his money with an eclectic combination of legal business, drug smuggling and arms dealing).

ReputationRep:
    Ask at the zoo.
    They should have an answer :>

I wanted a tiger or a black puma....aaaw!!
    But a cheetah would be one of the coolest things eva~~

Isn't it expensive? oO
    If u have the money to buy it will u still have the money to feed it?
    10 kilos flesh per day...
    no, dunno if its 10, but I'm sure its a lot

however~
    cooooooool!!
    go for it xD

ReputationRep:
    panthers are much cuter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abara)
    Ask at the zoo.
    They should have an answer :>

I wanted a tiger or a black puma....aaaw!!
    But a cheetah would be one of the coolest things eva~~

Isn't it expensive? oO
    If u have the money to buy it will u still have the money to feed it?
    10 kilos flesh per day...
    no, dunno if its 10, but I'm sure its a lot

however~
    cooooooool!!
    go for it xD
    Oh dear... Are cheetahs now cool accesories?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    Oh dear... Are cheetahs now cool accesories?
    no, just awesomely cute :>

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abara)
    no, just awesomely cute :>
    http://www.nomansblog.com/index.php/...a-cheetah-day/
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I want a Liger so badly but i think ill settle for a lion for my bday.

ReputationRep:

still cute :3

btw if u don't like pets, its ur problem, the lady is stupid and went in a cage with fully grown and still wild animals, that's why she got eaten~

I know its bad to keep an exotic animal at home as the wild life decreases, but I'm selfish and I say: If u have the permission and want to give ur time and love to smth like a cheetah - go for it :>

just don't dress it in pink or whatever .... its wrong /o

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abara)

btw if u don't like pets, its ur problem, the lady is stupid and went in a cage with fully grown and still wild animals, that's why she got eaten~

I know its bad to keep an exotic animal at home as the wild life decreases, but I'm selfish and I say: If u have the permission and want to give ur time and love to smth like a cheetah - go for it :>

I love pets. Just a cheetah shouldn't be one :wink2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    I want a Liger so badly but i think ill settle for a lion for my bday.
    why not a Tigon :yes:

i have actually really wanted to get a pet leopard for ages- theyre sooo cool and the best looking big cat

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by R-KAM)
    I love pets. Just a cheetah shouldn't be one :wink2:
    haha, fine,
    different ppl want different things :>

I hate cats, but the big cats sure are smth that u wish to hug and play with and take care for

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abara)

A cheetah chances of surviving in the wild is worse then in captivity, they have a 75% mortality rate in the wild.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deep Thought)
    A cheetah chances of surviving in the wild is worse then in captivity, they have a 75% mortality rate in the wild.
    I didn't know that...

poor thing! but thats because of poachers and peasants, who want to keep their sheep or whatever alive.
    So if the demand for cheetahs decreases, the poachers would decrease their hunting....may be

ReputationRep:
    NO FFS
    these kinds of animals are SO hard to look after and therefore are the ones who usually aren't looked after properly. They are predators. They need a hell of alot of space - a proper enclosure, they don't live in your house. Unless you're rich to afford everything they need, and a huge big cat expert to know how to treat them (which no offence but you can't be if you're asking these sorts of things)

Please, please just volunteer at a zoo or cheetah sanctuary to get up close. Its alot nicer for the animals unless you're what i said^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by generic hybrid)
    Anyone who gets an "exotic" pet just because they think it's super awesome looking deserves to be eaten by it IMO. If you like them why not just help out at a sanctuary or something?
    very true. if you get a cheetah/croc/tiger etc etc then take your oil if (when?) it eats ya.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joey11223)
    I'd imagine it's for 3D work but not gaming. That Graphics card isn't really designed to game and a GTX295 should easily beat it when it comes to games, but the card in Ops' rig would be much better at other 3D imaging.

But yeah.....must have cost a bomb. Company he works for given it him maybe?:confused: :eek:
    I just can't see anyone needing 2 quad cores and 12gb of RAM. Seems some serious overkill.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by geetar)
    I heard a story about some rich Russian who had two pet tigers, and then they ate him.

It made me laugh.

Spoiler:
    Show
    (I felt somewhat justified because the guy was a violent criminal who had made his money with an eclectic combination of legal business, drug smuggling and arms dealing).
    That's probably because he didn't spend enough time with them. If he's not there enough to form the bond they will end up viewing him as prey.

ReputationRep:
    I used to have a pet velociraptor :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Deep Thought)
    Don''t laugh THIS IS NOT ATROLL. I AM SERIOUS

Ive been researching Wild animals as pets. Apparently you can have pet cheetahs, However for the life of me I can't find out if this is legal in australia or not. Ive spent the past 3 hours googling expecting to find a permit that you can get.

Cheetahs are appealing they act more like dogs apparently, and are the least aggressive big cats, and are quite small.

any help is appreciated, thanks
    Watch this:

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=716_1234888033

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 300mg)
    I just can't see anyone needing 2 quad cores and 12gb of RAM. Seems some serious overkill.
    yeah it is odd, but some 3D imaging programs are incredibly intensive and obviously you can get super computers with many more Quad's or what ever connected together.

still weird...

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.