Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Sellers from Hong Kong on ebay to be trusted? Watch

ReputationRep:
    such as

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Demons-Souls-Demons-Souls-NEW-SEALED-PS3-GAME-ENGLISH_W0QQitemZ110392732186QQc mdZViewItemQQptZUK_PC_Video_Game s_Video_Games_JS?hash=item19b3eb 6a1a&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkpa rms=65:12|66:2|39:1|72:1687|293: 1|294:50

ReputationRep:
    have u checked there feedback history?

ReputationRep:
    yes but I know some of them fake it with many multiple accounts ect.

ReputationRep:
    oh then i really dont know

ReputationRep:
    Their feedback seems to be fine, they have feedback from customers who themselves have an adequate amount of feedback to suggest the feedback that you are looking at is legit; in the sellers profile.

I bought a nice (£170) camera from Hong Kong and the support they gave was pretty decent for an eBay seller. As they would respond to emails pretty quickly and their feedback was excellent as they were selling hundreds of items per day; which is why I initially trusted them. Though like everything else, it depends on the person selling the goods, however from a glance through their eBay profile; it all seems good.

I mean, why would a seller go out their way to gain over 98.8 percent feedback over 3+ years, then screw someone over to ruin their reputation for that particular month on-purpose? The fact is they wouldn't do that, as they probably make a living out of selling stuff on eBay in the hundreds and bad feedback detracts people from buying from them.

They seem legit enough to purchase from, IMHO and I've also been an eBay for near enough the same amount of time they have and have never been cheated on the site.

ReputationRep:
    why not? look at feedback to double check

ReputationRep:
    I've only bought one thing from a hong kong seller: a 1gb ipod nano, ended up getting a cheap mp3 (was still 1gb though, so can't REALLy complain)

ReputationRep:
    Most eBay sellers can be trusted...however beware of

IMPORT TAX!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.