Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys

Ok I am writing my EE in ITGS and im meant to get it done this summer, I am not really all to sure where I should start so I thought Id find out what other people have done on similar subjects.

My titles goes somewhere along the lines of:

The Social and Ethical Issue of the thinning line between video game realism and real life.

or

The Effects on society of the thinning line between video game realism and real life.

I am sure I could write quite abit but my real problem lies with the research part of this, i dont wanna make it seem like something that was just put in cause it has to be their but I cant really think of anything to do except maby some sort of survey.

If anyone can offer me any kind of advice or maby a usefull link please reply.

~ Harry
    ~Digidevil4
    ~Hbill1337

ReputationRep:
    I did an EE in ITGS this exam session, and got an A!

Yes, especially in ITGS, primary research is important, so you definitely should include a survey. If you can, maybe get an interview with someone and ask their opinion on the subject.

Also, remember that the ITGS course also tries more and more to emphasize the underlying technology, so make sure you talk a lot about technology (such as rise of broadband Internet for higher bandwidth, faster CPUs and GPU's for more realistic gaming experiences, the concept of MMORPG's, etc). Just remember to cover both social issues, and the technology behind them.

ReputationRep:
    thnx those subjects you mentioned giving me something to think about. I just really gotta think about how im gonna conduct my primary research, i was thinking about going to game specific forums and asking questions to a large ammount of people on those.

E.g. Going to Sims forum and asking people about whether they feel attached to their sims emotionally (But not exactly like that)

University open days

• University of Exeter
    Undergraduate Open Days - Exeter Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • University of Bradford
    Faculty of Health Studies Postgraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 24 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Applying to university
Uni match

Your perfect course is here

Let our match making tool match you up with your ideal uni

Make your revision easier

Study Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.