Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

I hate my generation watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aeolus)
    Ahh i see. Anything to avoid actually having to talk about Anarchism, which of course would expose you as nothing but a fake, a poser... a joke.
    As opposed to a troll who's just trying to provoke a reaction? Go troll someone else.

ReputationRep:
    Agree with OP pretty much.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punktopia)
    As opposed to a troll who's just trying to provoke a reaction? Go troll someone else.

No, i seriously want to know what your views are. PM me if you want im not trolling, what is so bad about discussing something you are passionate about.

ReputationRep:
    No, i seriously want to know what your views are. PM me if you want im not trolling, what is so bad about discussing something you are passionate about.
    Like I said, I've posted this thousands of times before. I can't be bothered to explain my views just to have the same old arguments with people who frankly don't have the wit to understand.

ReputationRep:
    Like I said, I've posted this thousands of times before. I can't be bothered to explain my views just to have the same old arguments with people who frankly don't have the wit to understand.

Right ok then. Could you please link me to one of these threads please.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    Right. Music doesn't have to have technical melodies and complicated structures to be good. Sometimes all you want is something to make you scream and go wild.

There's lots and lots and lots of good music out there at the moment, but if you only want to listen to things with serious "musical" merit, which I find hard to quantify but I know what you're trying to say, then... I don't know. Off the top of my head, have you listened to Gulag Orkestar by Beirut? Lift Your Skinny Fists Like Antennas To Heaven by Godspeed You! Black Emperor?
    Well there are fairly musical bands that make you go wild... Beastie Boys doesn't even make you feel like going wild imo it just tells you to...

Gulag Orkestar is good but I prefer Elephant Gun or did you mean the album as a whole?
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor I actually hadn't heard of but from a quick Youtube they sound like they could be good... idk I'd need more time to judge them but they seem promising :P

But really, who has heard of those bands? They're damn obscure to most people of our generation (at least the people I know) and only a very few appreciate them...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BumperBo)
    Well there are fairly musical bands that make you go wild... Beastie Boys doesn't even make you feel like going wild imo it just tells you to...

Gulag Orkestar is good but I prefer Elephant Gun or did you mean the album as a whole?
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor I actually hadn't heard of but from a quick Youtube they sound like they could be good... idk I'd need more time to judge them but they seem promising :P

But really, who has heard of those bands? They're damn obscure to most people of our generation (at least the people I know) and only a very few appreciate them...

Yeah, Elephant Gun is better.

And that was kind of my point. That to say there's no decent music around is wrong. Just because you have to look beyond the top 40 to find it doesn't mean it's not there. And yes, Beirut and GY!BE aren't mainstream, but they're hardly ultra-obscure either.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Arturo Bandini)
    Yeah, Elephant Gun is better.

And that was kind of my point. That to say there's no decent music around is wrong. Just because you have to look beyond the top 40 to find it doesn't mean it's not there. And yes, Beirut and GY!BE aren't mainstream, but they're hardly ultra-obscure either.
    Well if they aren't mainstream they're hardly a representation of our "music industry" or our generation. :yep:

ReputationRep:

Oh no wait i have just found one and... yes it backs up my first impression of you which is that you do not have a clue what you are going on about.

You want Libdems to be more Liberal and left wing :lolwut:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...=445188&page=4

ReputationRep:
    Oh no wait i have just found one and... yes it backs up my first impression of you which is that you do not have a clue what you are going on about.

You want Libdems to be more Liberal and left wing :lolwut:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show...=445188&page=4
    Wow, did you not read that at all?

Clearly not. People like you struggle with basic concepts like reading.

ReputationRep:
    tis true our generation is extremely awful
    what kind of idiots can sit through an episode of skins
    let alone buy the dvd

I also hate the kooks
    mgmt
    klaxons
    chester french
    ect

indie music = evil

ReputationRep:
    Wow, did you not read that at all?

Clearly not. People like you struggle with basic concepts like reading.

Oh no i read it Did you ever get around to reading Das Kapital lol?

ReputationRep:
    Your 17, how do you know these are characteristics of your particular generation. You say that people use cameras just to be seen on facebook and that a 'few years back' people never did it. Jesus christ, you were 14. What 14 year olds carry cameras round. Add that to the availability of cheap digital cameras and theres an explanation for that.

ReputationRep:
    Morrissey would blame it on something to do with the consumption of meat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by a_t)
    I dislike you because every thread you've made on this forum has just been one long moan after another, seriously if you didn't have such a negative outlook you would probably get more out of life

I ******* love this generation and revel in its hedonism, get the **** over it
    except our generation doesn't have any "hedonism" worth reveling in

just a lot of unoriginal tone-deaf idiots
    listening to awful music
    because they think it makes them cool
    to fit in with everyone else

There's nothing wrong with stating this simple fact
    that our generation is of below average quality
    waitrose is better than asda
    but you can still get a decent meal from asda
    Life is good.

ReputationRep:
    Oh no i read it Did you ever get around to reading Das Kapital lol?
    I've read bits of it. I find people who attempt to be condescending to me quite... amusing. Going to keep it up?

ReputationRep:
    I've read bits of it. I find people who attempt to be condescending to me quite... amusing. Going to keep it up?

Which bits?

ReputationRep:
    doesn't indie stand for independent not individual?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaytwizzle1000)
    I was joking, thats why I said some sort of. Of course I don't actually mean it, I just meant some form of selectivity. *Shrugs* :rolleyes:
    Ah fair enough, just a cleansing then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CinderellaDontGo)
    I seriously hate my generation. No not the song, I mean literally my generation. Alot of people my age seem false, not everyone my age ofcourse, I have many friends who are fine but I find that most people in my college (and my age) are annoying.

I don't know what it is, it seems like people my age watch Skins and think ''thats cool, I want to be like that'' So they act like the people on these shows. Maybe its not their fault. I no longer listen to Radio 1 because I am fkin sick to death of hearing talentless DJ's trying to be cool and young. Jo Whiley is an example, always playing new bands and harping on about twitter and facebook. If I hear one more celebrity mention Twitter I'm going to go mental.

Our generation don't really have anyone to look upto, we don't have hero's. We have the likes of Lilly Allen, Amy Winehouse, and David Beckham as rolemodels. Our music industry is appauling yet we think we have the best bands ever. We don't realize that compared to music from the 60's and 70's our music is dire. Yet NME come along and tell us what to like. ''Heres a great new indie band'', indie, indie, fkin indie. I loathe the word. It supposed to mean ''individual'' but it really means the opposite.

Is it just me or are more people taking cameras out. Let me explain, I remember going to partys etc... a few years back and nobody bothered to bring a camera out, now every party or event has a camera. Its all because they want to be tagged in Facebook, they'll feel cool if they are seen in a photo with a bottle of beer in their hand pulling the cliched rock hand gesture.

I'm sorry, maybe its just me.
    Indie means independant. Not individual.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.