Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I am a student from Singapore and have just recently received my Singapore-Cambridge GCE A Level results, which was taken in the year 2008. I would like to enquire if I stand a realistic chance in law at UCL given my H2 grades are AAB in Mathematics, Chemistry and Physics. I have a B in General Paper and Chinese Language, and an additional C for H1 Economics too. I would be presenting some research achievement that I have accumulated in my college days too. I will be applying for deferred entry in 2011.

Would my GCE O Level results weaken my application in anyway? It wasn't too ideal in that case as it is dominated by a majority of A2s and B3s.

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

UCL Law generally requires AAA but since LNAT is also taken into consideration, you might still stand a good chance depending on how well u do for the latter. UCL is not as concerned abt O levels as LSE. If u write a really convincing personal statement i believe you have a chance of getting in.
    In any case, if u are serious abt doing law in uk, ur grades will prolly get u into Kings, which has a reputable law sch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by centrade84)
    Hey,

UCL Law generally requires AAA but since LNAT is also taken into consideration, you might still stand a good chance depending on how well u do for the latter. UCL is not as concerned abt O levels as LSE. If u write a really convincing personal statement i believe you have a chance of getting in.
    In any case, if u are serious abt doing law in uk, ur grades will prolly get u into Kings, which has a reputable law sch.
    Geez, thanks! Been preparing my PS since April, so I'm like pretty much done with it. As for KCL, it seems that they have a higher entry requirement? (correct me if i'm wrong)

For UCL, it's AAA, whereas for KCL, it's AAAb. I'm supposing that the subscription rate to both colleges is the same, meaning the applicant to place ratio, since KCL is able to accommodate 250 students whereas UCL around 150.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by melsonchun)
    Geez, thanks! Been preparing my PS since April, so I'm like pretty much done with it. As for KCL, it seems that they have a higher entry requirement? (correct me if i'm wrong)

For UCL, it's AAA, whereas for KCL, it's AAAb. I'm supposing that the subscription rate to both colleges is the same, meaning the applicant to place ratio, since KCL is able to accommodate 250 students whereas UCL around 150.
    As far as i know, kcl is less selective than ucl, which is the most selective law sch in london. i know of law students in lse who got rejected by ucl etc.

I know ppl getting into kcl with AAB. In any case, u shld prepare ur ps and give it a shot. kings has a very good law sch too, though its overall ranking is slightly lower

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by centrade84)
    As far as i know, kcl is less selective than ucl, which is the most selective law sch in london. i know of law students in lse who got rejected by ucl etc.

I know ppl getting into kcl with AAB. In any case, u shld prepare ur ps and give it a shot. kings has a very good law sch too, though its overall ranking is slightly lower
    Hmmm, it's true that LSE is pretty fussy with GCSE grades right? Hmm, alright, I think I'll replace Oxford, which I'm sure it's a long shot, with KCL

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. UCL
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Sat, 8 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.