Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

i feel as though i've been masturbating much too frequently. any free chance i get, i run into the bed and do it. sometimes i do it as fast as I can if i have to get somewhere, or I take my time if I have nothing else to do. either way, it's really bothering me because this is something i need to stop making a ridiculous habit of. like everything, its fine in moderation, its normal....but with the way i do it, its going on about 4-6 times a day. any advice on how i can suppress this?

ReputationRep:
    boy/girl?

male

ReputationRep:
    I only do it once a day otherwise not a lot happens when you finish. After 6 you'd have nothing left at all.

Apparently the best thing to do is wait 3 days but no longer and then you'll have the healthiest sperm (for anyone trying to get pregnant)

ReputationRep:
    As long as it's not interfering with your life then it's fine. When you start rejecting invitations to go somewhere because it's too long to go without doing it then you have a problem.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haz220807)
    As long as it's not interfering with your life then it's fine. When you start rejecting invitations to go somewhere because it's too long to go without doing it then you have a problem.
    It's really not. You do realise that if he does it too much, which he currently is, it can eventually lead to him losing sensation almost completely and he may have issues when having sex where the sensation is gone.

ReputationRep:
    I've never heard that in my life but then again I don't have a penis so I'm not expert. Plus he's a teenage boy...he's not going to be doing it at that level for the rest of his life.

ReputationRep:
    Masturbation is brilliant. Keep it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Clements-)
    It's really not. You do realise that if he does it too much, which he currently is, it can eventually lead to him losing sensation almost completely and he may have issues when having sex where the sensation is gone.
    Source? Sounds dubious.

ReputationRep:
    your going to be impotent very soon.

ReputationRep:
    Use your hormones for more useful stuff, like attracting members of the opposite sex. Its far more fun in the long run. :confused:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ashy)
    Source? Sounds dubious.
    I know someone it happened to :rofl2: I imagine it's similar for girls tbh. If you do it so much, you're bound to eventually get less out of it during sex cos if you're ******* that many times a day, by the time sex comes round you'll have nothing left :redface:

ReputationRep:
    You stallion. You should make a chart.

ReputationRep:
    show some restraint man, you're an animal.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Thomasmc135)
    Apparently the best thing to do is wait 3 days but no longer and then you'll have the healthiest sperm (for anyone trying to get pregnant)

What a load of *****.

OP, there is nothing wrong with masturbation unless you have an addiction to it. Addiction is stated as something you will do even if it inteferes with the rest of your life, what you need to figure out is if it is.

You might have, if you need to do something but you can't help but start jerkin the gerkin.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rizzletastic)
    What a load of *****.
    Actually, it's true. Excessive ejaculation lowers healthy sperm count.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Low Key)
    Masturbation is brilliant. Keep it up.
    Interesting turn of phrase...

ReputationRep:
    Is this because of school/college/uni summer holidays and you have nothing else to do? Because this could happen if you have nothing better to do. If so fill your life up a bit. There's lots to do. As you say it is normal, as long as it's not affecting other aspects of your life. And how old are you by the way?

ReputationRep:
    This is very normal if you are 12-16 years old!!! It's very healthy!!!

ReputationRep:
    4-6 times a day! man how do you manage that?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.