Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I'm going into year 12 and will be recieving EMA but the thing is I don't have a bank account. This may seem simple 'go to the bank and open one' but I also don't have a passport as it expired and there is no point renewing it right now.

All I have is a birth certificate, if my mum came with me to the bank would they let me set up a bank account without a passport?

ReputationRep:
    yes they should be fine with that.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I think you only need one form of I.D.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by haz220807)
    Yeah I think you only need one form of I.D.
    Thanks I set it up today. I had nothing to worry about as I was able to set it up over the phone because I had a previous account from when I was a child but it was a childs account more than a bank account so it's all good.

Thanks again you two.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Yep, it'll be fine. I've never had a passport only a birth certificate and I've used that when signing up for most things.

ReputationRep:
    Glad it got done quickly and easily!

ReputationRep:
    If you're opening a new bank account with a bank you've not banked with I'd be surprised if they accepted only one ID unless it's a Passport or Driving License.

With just a birth certificate I wouldn't be surprised if they asked you for an additional form of ID, they usually do if you present something which isn't a photo ID.

Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.