Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How long does the effect of paracetemol last? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Barely take it so i don't know how long it lasts and of course it would probably vary between person to person but how long on average does it reduce pain?

Deciding on whether or not to see doctor about painful joint or not so quick reply would be nice

It takes normally around 10 minutes to work, and for me it stays like that for at least half the day :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisha.doshi)
    It takes normally around 10 minutes to work, and for me it stays like that for at least half the day :eek:
    ah right thanks bit too late for doctors now but if it lasts half the day i should be alright, haven't slept since yesterday because of pain so half a day should be enough to keep me going lol

(Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    ah right thanks bit too late for doctors now but if it lasts half the day i should be alright, haven't slept since yesterday because of pain so half a day should be enough to keep me going lol
    :console: It might be different for you though, keep that in mind. Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by anisha.doshi)
    :console: It might be different for you though, keep that in mind. Good luck!
    it better not be because that's my dose of pain killers for the day if they wear off and this problem hasn't gone :mad:

(Original post by abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz)
    it better not be because that's my dose of pain killers for the day if they wear off and this problem hasn't gone :mad:
    May I suggest sleeping pills then?

ReputationRep:
    Or chloroform? There are experts in that field who lurk these very forums.

... well I guess it depends on the dosage, usually it is 500g. Just a week ago, I chipped one of my teeth on a hard sweet and it hurt like I was literally in hell or what hells is described to be like. (I'm atheist) I thought the pain would go away after a while, it didn't, so I bought 500g pills of paracetamol. It sure did take the pain away after around 5 minutes of taking it with lots of water. However the pain came back around 4 hours later, where I had to take another pill and so on, then I went to the dentist and checked it out for me and put things right. Phew.

Though I would consult your doctor, usually paracetamol is for short term purposes only, or for any pain that may resolve themselves. - Though considering it is a joint problem, you don't want to do any more damage, than that of what there might be. So I would suggest contacting your doctor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JonathanNorth)
    Though I would consult your doctor, usually paracetamol is for short term purposes only, or for any pain that may resolve themselves. - Though considering it is a joint problem, you don't want to do any more damage, than that of what there might be. So I would suggest contacting your doctor.
    Well i wouldn't say it's a joint problem more of an injury. Did something to my shoulder yesterday (not sure what) and it left both arms (lucky me i ****** both of them up) in agony last night. Was going to sleep it off but obviously that didn't work lol but i'll see what happens tonight once this stuffs worn off

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.