Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Want to be less sensitive and "man up" Watch

Please keep anonymous.

Im 18 and I am still be treated like a child i.e. when playing sports umpires cuddle me when I chat with them.

I feel physically intimidated by taller people ( Im only 5'10) and hate aggression and arguements for fear of assualt.Likewise, when I'm out and about I fear abuse ( verbal or physical).

Anyways to "man up?"

ReputationRep:
    Are you really skinny or anything like that? 5'10 isn't short

ReputationRep:
    You sound like a girl. Height has nothing to do with it. I guess you didn't experience high levels of testosterone early on in pubity. Just hide your emotion and don't show your feelings as much.

how do i close threads?

^ lawl. Funny, I was about to make the exact same thread, title and all. But I think you're a more severe case than me. Dude, you're ******* 5' 10 at 18. That isn't really short by any means. average. Anyway, I'm hoping that it's kind of like a muscle, the more you practise being less sensitive, the easier it comes to you. Kind of like what people say with confidence, you've got to fake it and it'll come naturally over time.

ReputationRep:
    Think of a song to play to yourself in your head. Try Shaggy's "Mr Boombastic", "Sir Psycho Sexy" by RHCP or "Keep on Movin'" by 5ive.

ReputationRep:
    5'10 is taller than average, I think.

And umpires cuddling you? I don't even understand that.

Anyway, you could go to the gym or play contact sports, that might work. But, yes, just try to be more self confident and secure in yourself and things should work out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Low Key)
    Think of a song to play to yourself in your head. Try Shaggy's "Mr Boombastic", "Sir Psycho Sexy" by RHCP or "Keep on Movin'" by 5ive.
    Lol!! That's worth rep

ReputationRep:
    Do stuff that naturally increases your testosterone.

Sports, risk taking, getting a regular exercise/food/sleep routine.

Other than that, acting in accordance with your feelings and desires is probably the most important thing. After that, everything comes naturally.

ReputationRep:
    Umpires cuddle you? That's against the rules moron. And man up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DaneCook)
    Umpires cuddle you? That's against the rules moron. And man up.
    :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    Grow a penis.

ReputationRep:
    strap on a pair.

ReputationRep:
    Come box and play rugby with me. It will scare the crap outta you at first, but you'll learn to love it.

ReputationRep:
    Umpirles cuddle you.......wtf

ReputationRep:
    Strangle 6 puppies.

ReputationRep:
    just develop more coping skills, which comes with more confidence.

ReputationRep:
    I'm sure umpires cuddling you could be sexual abuse, expecially when you feel like a child...

ReputationRep:
    At 5'10 you should be at level height with most people and towering above most girls. Stop being such a pussy, there's nothing wrong with you :beard:

Ok. I get it now. How can I close this thread?

Do I just type:" END THREAD NOW"?

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 25, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.