Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DanaS90)
    ...i invented an std called hareebo once... it wasnt very creative, i was just eating haribo at the time. lol

ahhh youd be gutted if you put a photo on your page.. does it have a warning label for unsuspecting females? =P
    Haha, Haribos so good. I just named all of mine Fred, all my imagination can handle unfortunately.

It doesn't, no. Think you should make me a sign tbh, can be your good deed for the day. I'd do it myself but I'm too lazy. ^_^

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Natalienat)
    Theres quite a few clubs in Preston, I avoid Lava to be honest, chav paradise at the weekend! Thursday student night is just about bearable but Promo (student night) at 53 degrees on a thurs is better!
    Main ones are
    The Warehouse- Rock/ indie club
    PR1 (just changed its name to Rumes)- which has different nights
    Squires- general type nightclub!
    Coda- which has loads of different club nights drum and bass etc and live music.

Theres quite a few others aswell that ive not been to, youre bound to find somewhere that plays music you like! Theres lots of bars around aswell.
    ah awesome, cheers =] tbh im probably likely to go to most of them for music i like.. im a bit eclectic lol. whats the best place for live bands then? i know 53 degrees get quite a lot of good names... anywhere else thats pretty good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave_)
    Haha, Haribos so good. I just named all of mine Fred, all my imagination can handle unfortunately.

It doesn't, no. Think you should make me a sign tbh, can be your good deed for the day. I'd do it myself but I'm too lazy. ^_^
    haha and you think i have the effort to do so? lol we'll see... you could just whack up a danger sign next to your photo? heh

Just Fred or do they have different strings of the disease, like Fred A or Fred 025 or something? (i have a feeling were beginning to delve too far into the STD conversation... lol =/)

ReputationRep:
    haha and you think i have the effort to do so? lol we'll see... you could just whack up a danger sign next to your photo? heh

Just Fred or do they have different strings of the disease, like Fred A or Fred 025 or something? (i have a feeling were beginning to delve too far into the STD conversation... lol =/)
    You're younger and less STD riddled than me though, meaning it's obviously your duty to make a sign. Think of all the lives you'll be saving with it.

There are different strains, go up in alphabetical order, first one is Fred Alphabet and they go up to Fred Zebedee.

Haha maybe a bit, we're keeping the people entertained with it though so it's all good ^_^

ReputationRep:
    ah awesome, cheers =] tbh im probably likely to go to most of them for music i like.. im a bit eclectic lol. whats the best place for live bands then? i know 53 degrees get quite a lot of good names... anywhere else thats pretty good?
    Yeah, 53 degrees gets all the big people, The Mad Ferret (pub across the road from 53) has lots of local bands, same for Coda. Both are pretty good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave_)
    You're younger and less STD riddled than me though, meaning it's obviously your duty to make a sign. Think of all the lives you'll be saving with it.

There are different strains, go up in alphabetical order, first one is Fred Alphabet and they go up to Fred Zebedee.

Haha maybe a bit, we're keeping the people entertained with it though so it's all good ^_^
    lol well that means you're older and more knowledgable concerning these diseases... id hate to get something wrong... so you should do it!

i dont know, i think looking at this from an outsiders perspective you'd either be entertained or disgusted by such a conversation...

ReputationRep:
    lol well that means you're older and more knowledgable concerning these diseases... id hate to get something wrong... so you should do it!

i dont know, i think looking at this from an outsiders perspective you'd either be entertained or disgusted by such a conversation...
    This sign debate could go on for another few years, feel I should stop it now before it gets out of control ^_^

Still think you should do it though... :ninja:

True, but there is a 50% chance they'll be entertained and not disturbed, and I like those odds!

ReputationRep:
    what in the world is with the std thing lol ahhh the warehouse sounds like a goodun XD more of a rock and indie fellow myself

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheraz)
    what in the world is with the std thing lol
    It's cool, we're just bonding, the new cool kid way to do it don't you know. Would you like to join in? You can have one of my STDs if you like :hubba:

ReputationRep:
    haha i dont think ANYONE is gonna willingly take one.. hence the unsuspecting victim thing =P and i have no idea where it came from.. i think it was dave's excitement over the amount of them he could contract over fresher's week... ha
    but yeah, i feel the std conversation should come to a close as well... lol

ReputationRep:
    This thread should be names STD's ! Anyone know if anythin happens in the day time during freshers week or is it all about the night ? - also is freshers one week or two?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Angela-)
    This thread should be names STD's ! Anyone know if anythin happens in the day time during freshers week or is it all about the night ? - also is freshers one week or two?
    I know I have a lesson on the Monday after I move in >.O So i guess it's all about the night time, although i bet there will be like SU things to go along and sign up to through the day etc x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danposmaytee)
    I know I have a lesson on the Monday after I move in >.O So i guess it's all about the night time, although i bet there will be like SU things to go along and sign up to through the day etc x
    Lesson on the monday?? I hope I dont have one - did you get sent a letter or ? I hope there is stuff going on in the day time i wanna do somethin other than look for a job ! thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by -Angela-)
    Lesson on the monday?? I hope I dont have one - did you get sent a letter or ? I hope there is stuff going on in the day time i wanna do somethin other than look for a job ! thanks
    yeah, i can imagine that most people will probably be recovering during the day, although ill probly be one of the ones trying to get people up n flittin about all over the place, i hate sittin doin nothing! lol
    it'd be fun to organise some fresher's stuff during the day.. i spose maybe there'll be some induction stuff going on... im gonna assume we have to finalise everything by filling in a load of forms lol thas always fun =P

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave_)
    It's cool, we're just bonding, the new cool kid way to do it don't you know. Would you like to join in? You can have one of my STDs if you like :hubba:

hahaha XD thats sounds so creepy lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sheraz)
    hahaha XD thats sounds so creepy lmao
    It's how I roll.

/Strokes leg

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by danposmaytee)
    I suspect there will be not much of a "lesson" and perhaps a bit of an information session, at best.

Most of the first week is usually formalities and introductory stuff rather than "lessons"

ReputationRep:
    yeah i know what you mean - but you still have to be there so it may aswell be a lesson ! I hope there is stuff to do in the day though guess we will jus have to wait and see.

ReputationRep:
    Is there any gay bars/clubs in town?

ReputationRep:
    i've been told its not, but the queen vic is painted bright pink...all over

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.