Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    So, over a week later I still can't register for the second semester modules.
    ANGRY emails were sent to many.
    And as a result someone called Zhenya (I think?) says she'll do it for me when it finally decides to work. Which is actually quite nice of her.
    The rest of them can die though.

- another facebook group... http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...d=118497579800

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sugarplumragdoll)
    So, over a week later I still can't register for the second semester modules.
    ANGRY emails were sent to many.
    And as a result someone called Zhenya (I think?) says she'll do it for me when it finally decides to work. Which is actually quite nice of her.
    The rest of them can die though.

- another facebook group... http://www.facebook.com/home.php#/gr...d=118497579800
    What subject are you doing? I've finally managed to register for all mine :s

ReputationRep:
    This is ridiculous. Frankly the IT services at Manchester are pretty hopeless, despite the amount of money ploughed into it! The student self-service system seems to crumble every year yet nothing is really done about it, and to be fair it wouldn't take much to expand the resources available for the site with the size and might of manchester uni now. The one thing that's driven me mad over the past 2 years as a student here is the university cluster computers which take at least 5 minutes to actually log on. Wastes so much time, and plays some part in the huge queues for library computers in January and the summer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatwhichiam)
    What subject are you doing? I've finally managed to register for all mine :s

Art History.
    An email was sent yesterday saying those who haven't registered yet that it will re-open on the 11th August (or maybe the 6th. I can't remember. Sometime in August)

ReputationRep:
    Art History.
    An email was sent yesterday saying those who haven't registered yet that it will re-open on the 11th August (or maybe the 6th. I can't remember. Sometime in August)
    Someone's posted a link to the survey that you can do to complain further back in the thread, sounds like you have greater need of it than us :s

ReputationRep:
    Someone's posted a link to the survey that you can do to complain further back in the thread, sounds like you have greater need of it than us :s
    Yeah it was completed some time ago. It was quite difficult to phrase "you're all bloody useless buggers" eloquently though.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah it was completed some time ago. It was quite difficult to phrase "you're all bloody useless buggers" eloquently though.
    If you can see this link (I don't know how what his privacy settings are like), my best friend wrote this which he then copied and pasted into the survey. He also has one of the admin staff on his facebook, who has passed it round the languages department...and then someone sent it to peoplesoft. Thankfully with his name removed.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=126967124492

If you can't see it PM me and I'll paste it in there, it really is worth it.

ReputationRep:
    This is a thread borne out of anger, frustration and boredom. It's that registering for your course units time of year again, and surprise surprise, the student system is BROKEN. AGAIN.

The entire language department simultaneously trying to access it would surely overload it, you say? Really? I would never have thought. Seriously, guys.

Why do they have that ridiculous thing, designed for Americans and a different system? How hard would it be to make one ourselves? One that we knew how it worked so it would be easier to fix? That wasn't so completely and utterly confusing that every time I try to find my marks I have to search for twenty minutes?

OK, that's a slight rant. But, seriously, who else has had problems with this ****** system?

ME. I've just come back off holiday and went on to pick my choices (I do english language) and is faced with a message "matinance works until august 10th" :mad:

ReputationRep:
    If you can see this link (I don't know how what his privacy settings are like), my best friend wrote this which he then copied and pasted into the survey. He also has one of the admin staff on his facebook, who has passed it round the languages department...and then someone sent it to peoplesoft. Thankfully with his name removed.

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=126967124492

If you can't see it PM me and I'll paste it in there, it really is worth it.
    Your friend is marvellous, that seriously cheered me up about the whole thing!

ReputationRep:
    ^ it's amazing, I want it printed in student direct with the title "welcome, freshers.."

ReputationRep:
    And NOW registration's being stupid...I'm giving up and having lunch. Displeased.

ReputationRep:
    And NOW registration's being stupid...I'm giving up and having lunch. Displeased.
    :hugs:

Worked okay for me, suprisingly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)

:p: thanks. It seems to be behaving now, just. I sat there for ten minutes having clicked on 'other information' while 'processing' blinked incessantly at me...

ReputationRep:
    Just a question are they still using the first modern computer to run the student system, because it certaintly feels like it. So slow.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Curly_hair_girl)
    Just a question are they still using the first modern computer to run the student system, because it certaintly feels like it. So slow.
    :rofl: Alan Turing is surely rocking in his grave.

ReputationRep:

I spoke too soon. I'm now stuck on declaration. :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    I spoke too soon. I'm now stuck on declaration.
    D'oh, maybe we should storm the university and create a new, better, utopian registration! :fuhrer:

ReputationRep:
    D'oh, maybe we should storm the university and create a new, better, utopian registration! :fuhrer:
    Hehe, have you read the link I posted on this thread that my best friend wrote?

ReputationRep:
    Hehe, have you read the link I posted on this thread that my best friend wrote?
    No, I'm so cool that I don't have Facebook. :cool: Could you PM it to me?

ReputationRep:
    No, I'm so cool that I don't have Facebook. :cool: Could you PM it to me?

That is MEGA HARDCORE cool. In the process of PMing

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.