Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatwhichiam)
    That is MEGA HARDCORE cool. In the process of PMing
    :rofl: That's wonderful! :rofl:

Methinks it should be slipped under Alan Gilbert's door, as though he hasn't got enough to worry about. (Well, apparently he was hounded out of the last university he was in charge of in Australia. Bodes well, y'think?!)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    :rofl: That's wonderful! :rofl:
    It made it to the senior management of the languages department...and peoplesoft...

ReputationRep:
    It made it to the senior management of the languages department...and peoplesoft...
    :borat:

ReputationRep:
    I spoke too soon. I'm now stuck on declaration.
    I lied, too. It seemed to be going fine this morning, but I let it time-out, so I've just loaded it up again to do the last two sections, hoping to crush it like a Cola can, but Peoplesoft have their feet firmly in my face! It wants my bank details to set up a direct debit for some reason and I don't know what to do. Please don't take my money, Alan! :cry:
    Attached Images

ReputationRep:
    I lied, too. It seemed to be going fine this morning, but I let it time-out, so I've just loaded it up again to do the last two sections, hoping to crush it like a Cola can, but Peoplesoft have their feet firmly in my face! It wants my bank details to set up a direct debit for some reason and I don't know what to do. Please don't take my money, Alan! :cry:
    Eek, my only advice there is ring them up! I saw it wanted other people to do that, so it's not just you it's wrong about, and I have a feeling it tried to do that to me last year...

PS I want a mac damn you.

ReputationRep:
    It is trying to make me do that too. I'm not payin' dem nuffin!

ReputationRep:
    It's after money from me too - and I'm Research Council funded! I've tried about five times now and am about to head into Student Services if it doesn't get itself sorted out! Sick of this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    It is trying to make me do that too. I'm not payin' dem nuffin!
    (Original post by ancientone)
    It's after money from me too - and I'm Research Council funded! I've tried about five times now and am about to head into Student Services if it doesn't get itself sorted out! Sick of this.
    Erm, how odd!

You know, I bet they just make it do this for the first few days to get a couple of hundred direct debits from the more gullible stundents to fund the Vice-Chancellor's jag. (My, I do seem to be sticking my fork into him today, for some reason -- I'm sorry, sir! :puppyeyes:)

ReputationRep:
    Eek, my only advice there is ring them up! I saw it wanted other people to do that, so it's not just you it's wrong about, and I have a feeling it tried to do that to me last year...

PS I want a mac damn you.
    Yeah, I'll be phoning, in sync with maybe the rest of the student body, tomorrow! :woo:

Ah, I love my (over-priced) Mac, I have eyes for no other silicon-based lifeforms but it. :love: :p:

ReputationRep:
    I'll be phoning, in sync with maybe the rest of the student body, tomorrow!

Ah, I love my (over-priced) Mac, I have eyes for no other silicon-based lifeforms but it. :love: :p:
    My parents aren't allowing me to get one (to cut a long story short) so I can do nothing but ogle the ones my friends have and try hard to avoid the Apple Store in the Arndale...

Good luck with that! Normally they're good if you ring...but you have to get through first...

ReputationRep:
    People, you should try Mozilla Firefox.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by artilleryman)
    People, you should try Mozilla Firefox.
    I did, still failed me though.

ReputationRep:
    Oh, I worked for me, maybe Opera, but definitely not Microsoft Explorer. It is rubbish.

ReputationRep:
    hey, im a fresher... (so i know nothing) i was just wondering... when we register and have to enroll for classes, do i have to enroll only for semester I now? or both? because for example, if im doing french and i have 60 credits does that mean those 60 credits are to be used over the year or only 1 semester? anyone? help...:eek3:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gosza)
    hey, im a fresher... (so i know nothing) i was just wondering... when we register and have to enroll for classes, do i have to enroll only for semester I now? or both? because for example, if im doing french and i have 60 credits does that mean those 60 credits are to be used over the year or only 1 semester? anyone? help...:eek3:

Are you doing just French? If you are, you should have 120 credits for the whole year. If you're doing joint honours you will have 60 for each. Either way, you have to enroll for both semesters now.

Assuming you're doing just French, you need to space the 120 credits out over the year. You'll have a 20 credit language course which is compulsory - then there are the other courses which will say sem on or two. Ideally, try and get 60 credits in each semester - 70 50 is doable, anything else isn't really.

Any further questions, just ask

ReputationRep:
    Grrr.... managed to work most of it, although it was all painfully slow. Still can't manage to get the address section right though. I click edit term-time address, enter my new one, save, and then back on the main page it still has the old one!? I have tried 3 times, and no success, gonna leave it for today me thinks!!

ReputationRep:
    still not working for me. I want to register so they can give me my MONEY

ReputationRep:
    What does it mean when there's an enrollment error in applying for my Course Units and it says 'Departmental Consent Required'? :| It says I have to obtain permission, but I don't know how!

Confuddled.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SeventhMelon)
    What does it mean when there's an enrollment error in applying for my Course Units and it says 'Departmental Consent Required'? :| It says I have to obtain permission, but I don't know how!

Confuddled.
    Erm, I don't know what that means, safest to just ring your department admin people. Sounds like something's registered wrongly on the system...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    still not working for me. I want to register so they can give me my MONEY
    Ah, we get our loans as soon as we register? Damn them, I want to register, too, then!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: September 21, 2009

University open days

1. University of Manchester
    All Departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Sep '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.