Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    Ah, we get our loans as soon as we register? Damn them, I want to register, too, then!
    My loan says it comes on the 21st. If you log into your student finance account, I think look at 'my payments' and it says when it's due...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thatwhichiam)
    Erm, I don't know what that means, safest to just ring your department admin people. Sounds like something's registered wrongly on the system...
    Yeah thanks, think i'll have to ring them up..

ReputationRep:
    What is that highest qualification crap? I was 47 and they don't want to accept it anymore, what do I put? "None of the above"? I haven't been awarded a BA or an MA or whatever is listed

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anatheme)
    What is that highest qualification crap? I was 47 and they don't want to accept it anymore, what do I put? "None of the above"? I haven't been awarded a BA or an MA or whatever is listed
    I don't know, it's a new thing, we didn't have it last year or the year before...maybe it's to differentiate postgrads :confused: **** knows, apparently the software was originally written for businesses which explains why it's so absurd for us...

I put none of the above, and I think everyone I know did as well.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know, it's a new thing, we didn't have it last year or the year before...maybe it's to differentiate postgrads :confused: **** knows, apparently the software was originally written for businesses which explains why it's so absurd for us...

I put none of the above, and I think everyone I know did as well.
    Bah if they're not happy, it's their fault

ReputationRep:
    Are you doing just French? If you are, you should have 120 credits for the whole year. If you're doing joint honours you will have 60 for each. Either way, you have to enroll for both semesters now.

Assuming you're doing just French, you need to space the 120 credits out over the year. You'll have a 20 credit language course which is compulsory - then there are the other courses which will say sem on or two. Ideally, try and get 60 credits in each semester - 70 50 is doable, anything else isn't really.

Any further questions, just ask
    thank you so much!
    well, in fact im doing combined studies (french & applied english language)
    so, does that mean i have 120 credit for the whole year to use between french and english? so is it lets say 30 credit each semester for each language?

ReputationRep:
    I'm a fresher, I've registered and paid my fee's, now do I have to choose my classes? I've tried looking for my course a&f, but can't find it at all on the student system.

ReputationRep:
    It's STILL telling me I need to pay my own fees. Has anyone had any luck with ringing up?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    It's STILL telling me I need to pay my own fees. Has anyone had any luck with ringing up?
    I just went onto option 10 of the registration (the fees option, as I'm sure you'll well know by now) and then back again, and kept doing that about five times -- for some incredibly strange reason, it seemed to realise that I had nothing to pay on the fifth try!

Suffice to say, anyway, that I didn't rate the system very highly in the survey.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jismith1989)
    I just went onto option 10 of the registration (the fees option, as I'm sure you'll well know by now) and then back again, and kept doing that about five times -- for some incredibly strange reason, it seemed to realise that I had nothing to pay on the fifth try!

Suffice to say, anyway, that I didn't rate the system very highly in the survey.
    Online equivalent of hitting the side of the television until it starts working again? I'm going to try it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OhNO!)
    i rang up and they just told me to wait a few days.....

rang up a few days later and they told me to wait another few days :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gosza)
    thank you so much!
    well, in fact im doing combined studies (french & applied english language)
    so, does that mean i have 120 credit for the whole year to use between french and english? so is it lets say 30 credit each semester for each language?
    Yep

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniel.allmo)
    I'm a fresher, I've registered and paid my fee's, now do I have to choose my classes? I've tried looking for my course a&f, but can't find it at all on the student system.
    Course a&f? What course are you on - if you haven't been told to choose your courses yet, don't. Have a look at the handbook which I/you/we will be able to find on the Manchester website from what course you're doing and decide what you might want to do

ReputationRep:
    I'm a fresher and ive already enrolled on the course I want to choose, is this bad?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Looch)
    I'm a fresher and ive already enrolled on the course I want to choose, is this bad?
    Have you been told to? Either way I doubt it'll matter much. If in doubt, ring.

ReputationRep:
    no i havent, sort of did it by accident :| never mind im sure it will be ok

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Looch)
    no i havent, sort of did it by accident :| never mind im sure it will be ok
    How did you enroll by ACCIDENT? It's hard enough to do it when you're trying to...

ReputationRep:
    So i'm done with my student loan... i.e. approved!

But I CAN'T register cause that thing won't switch off my finances age. WTF do I do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    So i'm done with my student loan... i.e. approved!

But I CAN'T register cause that thing won't switch off my finances age. WTF do I do?
    What do you mean, age? Page? Do you mean the page where it tells you to take something to financial registration?

ReputationRep:
    What do you mean, age? Page? Do you mean the page where it tells you to take something to financial registration?
    Yeah. That page.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.