Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know where I could get a relatively cheap 4-man tent for festivals? And is a pop-up tent better?

Thanks.
    • CV Helper

ReputationRep:
    CV Helper
    Argos?

ReputationRep:
    Argos or maybe ebay. Also have a look around local markets or car boot sales. We have a massive 6/8 man tent and it was about £90 I think. The very same one in the argos catalogue was around £150-200!.I assume the pop up tents are so much easier to carry and put up.

ReputationRep:
    Oh right thanks I'll have a look now.

ReputationRep:
    Make sure it's got like 2 layers (a top sheet I think it's called) because if you're in a tent with one layer and it rains it gets really uncomfortable because it gets wet inside.

ReputationRep:
    pop up tents all the way... they make life so much easier. we had one at glastonbury, it was a god send...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A Stranger in Moscow)
    Make sure it's got like 2 layers (a top sheet I think it's called) because if you're in a tent with one layer and it rains it gets really uncomfortable because it gets wet inside.
    How would I know this or would it say?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikki =])
    It should say afaik...

ReputationRep:
    Asda had some cheap pop up tents!

ReputationRep:
    Even Tesco might have some cheap ones though might not be pop up. Pop-up is a good idea though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Vikki =])
    It'll say something along the lines of ''blah blah' interior, with a 'blah blah' flysheet/outer" - you don't really need a pop up, it doesn't take long to put up a four man - usually only have about 2 poles which cross over! Get one with a built in ground sheet too! x

ReputationRep:
    i'm a tent..

ReputationRep:
    You can sometimes get really good deals in millets. The staff can normally give up to 20% off at their digression.
    Discounts shouldn't be used together but if you're lucky you can persuade them to put them all on -> in-store sale (say 20%) + student discount (10%) plus the above 20% :p: ~40% discount overall
    You need to be lucky with who's working though as the staff really shouldn't do multiple discounts

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.