Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    No offense taken Fluffy....in fairness I think the problems with my year ran deeper than what you said, although the cohort effect did have something to do with it. I know its easier to say with hindsight and with knowing that I was one of the lucky ones, but we seemed to be the victim of a lot of different factors which had been running under the surface but all came to play in one exam. The really unfortunate thing, in the world of UKFPO, is the damage to people's raw records that has done. And Renal, I have no idea why you would possibly use neuroanatomists in your example.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AEH)
    And Renal, I have no idea why you would possibly use neuroanatomists in your example.
    Sssssshhhhhh - that'll be the sweet EtOH. Renal is offically pickled, the neuroanatomists want his brain as it requires no further fixing

ReputationRep:
    This stuff makes my brain hurt Starting to think I may be destined for a career as an orthopod :p:

ReputationRep:
    Ucl use a kind of cohort system, but its scaled by using some formula where what proportion of borderline candidates would fail the question. They've changed the pass/fail system this year as well and to be honest stats gives me a headache so I don't really understand the minutae of how the system works. I think Fluffy is right, but not so much having a '**** hot year' as having very very good year but them within that year to have a substantial group of '**** hot' people. The general consensus from my year would be that they were very hard papers. I've heard many 'complaints' along the lines of 'since the BMAT set in the years have been getting geekier and geekier'...I think to an extent obviously you'll get the usual plethora of completly valid explainations for not passing, but not to put too fine a point on it, (and im not attributing failing performances solely to stats) but that effect would skew the balance within the year. A fair few were caught out first time round.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alex D)
    Starting to think I may be destined for a career as an orthopod
    I'm not, which is going to make the next 3 months painful!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.