Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Delete

ReputationRep:
    Are you going into your second year of Dundee? If so there should be any problems, you'd just need to let SAAS know you've transferred universities.

If going into first year, then SAAS will probably class it as a 'false start' and will still fund you, have a look here for further info.

ReputationRep:
    You can get a duplicate award letter if you log into SAAS.

SAAS will either count this as a false start OR a university transfer although I'm not sure how that works tbh.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by spikeymike)
    Yeahh.... but I've already got the award notice for Dundee... I don't for Abertay!

I'm going from Abertay to Dundee.
    What I'm saying is I think you can get a duplicate award notice for your Abertay year from SAAS. It doesn't really matter whether you can or not, as Abertay should have confirmed how you paid your fees at the start of the year, and if they speak to SAAS, they should be able to confirm to Abertay that SAAS paid your fees for that year.

In short - Abertay should not need to see your award notice for your first year there, because you probably provided it at the beginning of the year, or SAAS did.

I think the little disclaimer about withdrawing after the 1st of December need not apply to you, but speak to SAAS and they should give you more info - just phone them up.

ReputationRep:
    To be honest I don't remember doing it but I may have.

Meh, I'll see how it goes, thanks, rep
    Just let Abertay know that you are withdrawing from your course and transferring to Dundee. I'm sure there'll be some academic stuff (like transcripts) to be sorted, but if you speak to an advisor of studies or someone like that then they should know more about that.

Dundee have accepted you and SAAS are going to fund you for Dundee so you should be fine. Do you have any letter of acceptance from Dundee to show Abertay?

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I get that sent to me once my withdrawal form is approved...

And yes I do.
    From what I know you are fairly good to go, hope you enjoy it there!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.