Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Intense pain in my head (headache?) Watch

Weirdest thing happened last night, I was trying to get to sleep at about 11, about normal time. I was lying on my side, and dunno why but got the feeling that there was some guy standing behind me. I got a massive rush of adrenaline suddenly for a minute - I was so full of it I had a fist clenched about to do some sort of jackie chan style twisting punch (hadn't even looked behind me at this point lol).

I then got this massive tension at both my temples. You know how you can sort of tense something up there and you hear your blood rushing through your veins? Like when you yawn, it was there and that sort of tension but it was as if both sides were about to explode and had I been standing I expect the pain would have made me collapse. It was only for about 10 seconds, then it went away and briefly came back for a few more seconds though the second time wasn't anywhere near the intensity, and it also started behind my eyes.

It's never happened before and I'm not one for going to the doctor unless it's really needed, but I'm slightly worried about the intensity of it. Is that what a migraine is? The entire situation was less than a minute long, and it started with this adrenaline fuelled fear.

Bit of a rambling post, sorry bout that!

ReputationRep:
    It was probably the devil. Don't worry, he'll get you next time.

ReputationRep:
    That's what you get for eating cheese late at night.

ReputationRep:
    You should go to the doctor. It may be something serious.

(Original post by SMed)
    It was probably the devil. Don't worry, he'll get you next time.
    Lol, it may well have been. That's the only reason I've posted this as anon, I'm a guy that got scared by an imaginary person behind me last night lol!

I'm not inclined to go to the doctor because it only happened once and it went away (the pain) as soon as it had came. But I had the feeling that had I again scared myself into thinking there was some guy behind me :redface: it would have happened again (with the rush of adrenaline).

ReputationRep:
    give it two weeks. If it happning every day, same intensity, then perhapstime for a check up. 9/10times a headachecould mean trapped nerve, inflamed blood vessel, muscle contraction, excess fluid build up. Stress, change in diet, especially if your cutting carbs significantly. Anything more serious, is usually greeted by more neurological symptoms such as blurred vision, paralyse, change in tase smell.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.