Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    basically when i go university i hope to do two things these being;
    - Join a gym etc
    - and join a sports teams
    most of the universities that i have looked to do have execellent sports facilities but i was non of them in their prospectus' say if it is free or not?
    i was just wondering like do you have to pay?

ReputationRep:
    You'll probably have to pay a annual fee for the gym, I know in southampton its something like £95 for a year. You'll probably have to pay to join each sport team as well.

ReputationRep:
    Well, if you have one of those telephones, you could, like, phone a university. You might actually have to grow a pair and speak to a real human being, but it'll be good practice for when you hit puberty and start looking at girls in a different way.

ReputationRep:
    You most likely have to pay a one off fee for the sports and societies, and a membership for the gym.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Low Key)
    Well, if you have one of those telephones, you could, like, phone a university. You might actually have to grow a pair and speak to a real human being, but it'll be good practice for when you hit puberty and start looking at girls in a different way.
    i have emailed them actually and they haven't emailed back yet! so i posted it on here just to see so why don't you just go away and dont comment if your gonna write pathetic answers !!!

ReputationRep:
    Most university sports clubs have subs, this is usually a reasonable annual fee or a small 'pitch fee' per match. It is money but it's far cheaper than what you'd be paying for a grown-up sports club and it goes directly towards getting you out on the pitch.

ReputationRep:
    No university office is going to care, let alone have details, of it's union fees.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by studyboy1992)
    i have emailed them actually and they haven't emailed back yet! so i posted it on here just to see so why don't you just go away and dont comment if your gonna write pathetic answers !!!

It was an awesome answer. Deep down, you know it was.

ReputationRep:
    It was an awesome answer. Deep down, you know it was.
    No it really wasn't.

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.