Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Accepted my offer to Cambridge halls as well. Only bin to manchester once and I haven't actually seen the halls yet a part from a sneak peak at google street map. I'm working at a club at the moment, gona need to steal some of ther ear plugs to get any sleep there by the sounds of it. The security seems way strict compared to my mates halls in Bristol... does anyone know if it affects your time there? cheers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joshseddon)
    Accepted my offer to Cambridge halls as well. Only bin to manchester once and I haven't actually seen the halls yet a part from a sneak peak at google street map. I'm working at a club at the moment, gona need to steal some of ther ear plugs to get any sleep there by the sounds of it. The security seems way strict compared to my mates halls in Bristol... does anyone know if it affects your time there? cheers.

I viseted a friend twice there last year, and the security didnt seem that bad, you just need a swipe card to get into the main courtyard then a swipe to get into your flat. They say you are supposed to sign guests in , this didnt seem a problem as i just walked in with her and they didnt question it. they sometimes even opened the gate for me when i went to the shop or whatever on my own without questioning me or asking me for ID. but this was like 2 weeks after freshers so chances are he didnt recognise anyone living there yet, either way they dont seem too bad.

As far as noise goes, yeah they are pretty noisy (music, shouting but not to the exent where it stops you from functioning normally, after 6pm the courtyards seem pretty soicable places with people meeting there etc.

at the end of the day if it was really bad i wouldnt have put it as my first choice. im glad i got an offer :]

ReputationRep:
    keep on getting emails saying "if you dont pay by tomorrow you lose your place". Eek, hope money goes in. And If we cant go till the 19th to move in that completely sucks.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chilin_dude)
    keep on getting emails saying "if you dont pay by tomorrow you lose your place". Eek, hope money goes in. And If we cant go till the 19th to move in that completely sucks.
    When is your deadline?

ReputationRep:
    Just double checked with them through email and its 30th, so should be ok long as pay goes through.
    eek

ReputationRep:
    sure it'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    i am excitedddddddddddddddddddddddddd ddddddddddddddd

ReputationRep:
    Wooooooooooooooop money cleared and paid deposit.
    In 2 months will be living the lifestyle again. Can't wait now

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chilin_dude)
    Wooooooooooooooop money cleared and paid deposit.
    In 2 months will be living the lifestyle again. Can't wait now
    2 months tho :|

ReputationRep:
    it will flyyyyy man. wont be long until i can crack the first can open and talk **** with people i have never met who i will be living with..... :]

ReputationRep:
    Yes does anyone know if the official move-in date the 19th? Are we allowed to move in a few days earlier or is it set? Just that I have a full induction day on the following Tuesday 22nd and I'd hoped for more time to settle in!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LukeSawyer85)
    it will flyyyyy man. wont be long until i can crack the first can open and talk **** with people i have never met who i will be living with..... :]
    this.
    Just spend time in between saving so can actually afford 7nights out in first week without busting your loan straight away, and sleeping.
    Having that first cider when finished unpacking in the living room will be awesome.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fran.ha)
    Yes does anyone know if the official move-in date the 19th? Are we allowed to move in a few days earlier or is it set? Just that I have a full induction day on the following Tuesday 22nd and I'd hoped for more time to settle in!
    defo earliest move in day, nless you have important reasons why you need to move in earlier.

ReputationRep:
    Whoop, just paid my deposit. its ONNNNN!!!! :woo:

ReputationRep:
    can't wait for september gonna be nutssssss!!

ReputationRep:
    i got my third choice which is daisybank, but my first was briarfields as im on the all saints campus! can i somehow change or apply again for briarfields?? ahhhh

ReputationRep:
    I need to stop coming on here.. It makes me feel sick with excitement!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poobagmeow)
    i got my third choice which is daisybank, but my first was briarfields as im on the all saints campus! can i somehow change or apply again for briarfields?? ahhhh
    im guessing that they have no spaces left in you 1st and 2nd choice if you have been offered your 3rd. thats probly cos it goes on distance that u liv from the uni!! i would email them and ask for their advice, if not then you could go private as some of them are closer to all saints!!
    I did look at daisybank and thought it may hav even been nicer than briarfields!!

University open days

1. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Autumn Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 13 Oct '18
  2. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Autumn Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 20 Oct '18
  3. Manchester Metropolitan University
    Postgraduate Courses Fair Postgraduate
    Wed, 14 Nov '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.