The Student Room Group

How difficult is the science access course ??

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
BrinnyUnlimited
It's incredibly easy to pass an access course.

I wouldn't say an Access course was easy!

Maybe to get a bog-standard pass, it's quite easy, but since they've introduced merits and distinctions, it's become very competitive (at least at my college it has) to get a distinction you have to work extremely hard.
Unis will favour those with merits and distinctions over those who simply 'passed'.
Roodie
I think it was a good range of subjects on my access course. I did really well that year, considering I hadn't done science before (only did Biology GCSE and that was in 1990!), and I also did well in the first year of my degree.

Now in my second year I still love it but am finding the Health Psychology module a bit hard to get my head round when I have been so used to 'factual' science. I now wish I had done a module in psychology on my access course as I did have the opportunity but didn't bother.

I have also done a bit of Health Psychology Roodie would you believe and i also did some psychology at university so if u want any advice on the matter please dont hestiate to let me know:yes:
Summer241
I wouldn't say an Access course was easy!

Maybe to get a bog-standard pass, it's quite easy, but since they've introduced merits and distinctions, it's become very competitive (at least at my college it has) to get a distinction you have to work extremely hard.
Unis will favour those with merits and distinctions over those who simply 'passed'.

I would have to agree with you Summer241 i never found any access course easy,its a lot of hard work thats for sure but if you put the effort in you will gain the grades you want:yes:
Reply 23
Thanks Zak :redface:) that's very kind of you. I think I may be slowly getting it, it's just all the 'models' I find hard to understand and how you would actually use them. I know it's an essential part of my course so I am trying to persevere with it!
Roodie
Thanks Zak :redface:) that's very kind of you. I think I may be slowly getting it, it's just all the 'models' I find hard to understand and how you would actually use them. I know it's an essential part of my course so I am trying to persevere with it!

You welcome Roodie thats what i am here for,well u know where i am if u want some help :yep:
Reply 25
Original post by ScottG
How long is a piece of string?

twice the length of one end to the middle, think about this one carefully or pay no mind... it's the same with the access course, the pass mark is dependant on the individual and also the support that said individual actually is able to ask for as well as background etc etc at the end of the day don't let reading things in forums put you off if the course and what it leads to is what you want to do then find a way to make it happen for you.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending