Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Just in response to a comment in the "perfect man" thread im wondering how much of an issue age is to you?

whats your age and what would be too old?

im a "mature student" this september and i will be 24 by the time uni starts.

Im classic tall, dark and handsome and hang around with friends ranging from 19-27 so I dont feel any different to when i was 20/21 years old. I dont want to lie about my age as i think that would be pretty stupid and pointless but how important is age?

I have always been out with younger girls (no younger than 18 FYI ) and it doesnt bother me that they are younger except the odd occasion when their immaturity shows.

just interested to see

EDIT: Ladies and not ladys. i blame it on lack of sleep and tough day at work!

ReputationRep:
    It depends on the girl I guess... Though I would reckon most girls would see it as a bonus that you're 24, if you're on the hunt for 18 year old freshers.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)
    Just in response to a comment in the "perfect man" thread im wondering how much of an issue age is to you?

whats your age and what would be too old?

im a "mature student" this september and i will be 24 by the time uni starts.

Im classic tall, dark and handsome and hang around with friends ranging from 19-27 so I dont feel any different to when i was 20/21 years old. I dont want to lie about my age as i think that would be pretty stupid and pointless but how important is age?

I have always been out with younger girls (no younger than 18 FYI ) and it doesnt bother me that they are younger except the odd occasion when their immaturity shows.

just interested to see

EDIT: Ladies and not ladys. i blame it on lack of sleep and tough day at work!
    Pics or it's not true.

ReputationRep:
    Wouldnt bother me and im 18, however if you stay at home everynight and dont join in the normal freshers I would think twice.

ReputationRep:
    haha! i agree ^
    and no I always prefer older guys... I think most people have a line they draw but it gets alot larger when you turn 18. All my friends pre turning 18 would have said 20was max.. but now it seems to vary from 21 up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KayleeLand)
    It depends on the girl I guess... Though I would reckon most girls would see it as a bonus that you're 24, if you're on the hunt for 18 year old freshers.
    ^^ I agree, (Despite being male). I think that girls love the older guys!

ReputationRep:
    A lot of girls like the older man :P

ReputationRep:
    Sorry for thread stealing or whatever
    But If a Girl was 18, would you go for a 17yo in exceptional circumstances

ReputationRep:
    I'm 27 and I prefer younger guys (which is convenient as a mature student!). When I was 18-20 age mattered less actually, I'd go out with guys ranging from a bit younger than me up to 30 or so. You'll be fine!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Zymic)
    Sorry for thread stealing or whatever
    But If a Girl was 18, would you go for a 17yo in exceptional circumstances
    I would have when I was 18!

ReputationRep:
    Most girls prefer older guys so you'll be a hit.

ReputationRep:
    yum yum for older guys.. if you're tall dark and handsome, i'm sure you'll be an instant hit regardless of your age..

and there'll be other mature students there i'd imagine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunghole)
    Pics or it's not true.
    can add some later but at work atm. facebook blocked

(Original post by brokenangel)
    Wouldnt bother me and im 18, however if you stay at home everynight and dont join in the normal freshers I would think twice
    I see the thinking. older = less of a party animal but IMO the "kids" are gonna have a job keeping up with me lmao. im one of few of my mates who still trying going out 24/7

[QUOTE=Zymic]Sorry for thread stealing or whatever
    But If a Girl was 18, would you go for a 17yo in exceptional circumstances [QUOTE]

Thats a tough one because I have been with younger girls that look alot older so would depend on the 17 year old. I decided to put a min of 19/20 if a relationship. based purely on past experiences.

I find confidence a massive benefit to being slightly older. going there at 18 i would have been alot more shy where as now i will talk to anyone and everyone when im out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by truthandtragedy)
    Most girls prefer older guys so you'll be a hit.
    well its looking pretty positive. didnt think it would be much of an issue

and top poster ive been told a josh harnett kind of look although some people cant see it a few girls have said that in the past (random i know!). I think its just the eyes though really

p.s god i love those gossip girls (ex used to watch it) although my fav was the blonde sister to that other guy. dont remember any names lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by forever_dreamer)
    A lot of girls like the older man :P
    why do you say so?

ReputationRep:
    I prefer older guys.
    Recently an older guy asked me out who is 26 and im currently 16!!!
    I stopped seeing him becuse i thought he was too old?!
    He was perfection tho : (
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giggles128)
    I prefer older guys.
    x
    In a word, HARSH

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giggles128)
    I prefer older guys.
    x

ouch. ya that is a bit too much really .

found a rank passport photo on my pc so gonna upload that! :redface:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 19 and for me 24 would probably be a bit too much. It's hard to say though, really does depend on the guy.

I think if we were friends first and something developed your age wouldn't put me off, but I'd be less likely to go for you on a night out. But as you can see from other people on this thread, some disagree. I think you'll be fine as long as you just act normal, if that makes sense.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunghole)
    Pics or it's not true.
    pic added although PLZ BE GENTLE its a horrid passport one saved on my work comp :o:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.