Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it matters, as maturity differs from person to person, regardless of age. My boyfriend is a fair bit older, and I love that, but if he was immature then it wouldn't make a difference. Basically, age doesn't matter to me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staceford)
    In all honesty i prefer older guys. I'm 18 and the guys i generally hang around with are 22+ and i feel more comfotable with them compared to guys that are younger as they're more mature.
    is 'hang around with' a euphemism? as this thread is about dating. :p:

ReputationRep:
    age doesn't really bother me , if you like someone then it shouldn't matter :-)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)
    pic added although PLZ BE GENTLE its a horrid passport one saved on my work comp :o:
    OK your photo checks out.

I don't think you'll have any problems with getting girls.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)
    haha i didnt mean you dumping him was harsh. meant the age gap was a bit much. its not so bad with a 40 and 50 year old or something but 16 and 26 is quite different. but like you say you realised it.

ty others. horrible photo but will do until i upload a better one

Oooooo ha!

Why does everyone think its sick and wrong

It wasen't like that..... we were so right for each other and when i was with him i couldent stop smiling
    x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    is 'hang around with' a euphemism? as this thread is about dating. :p:
    Yeah, i know its a thread about dating, but i'm just generally stating that having friends with an age difference is no problem so i don't feel dating someone with an age difference would be a huge problem. Obviously there would be some sort of age limit but i wouldn't mind dating someone a couple of years older. That's all i was trying to put across, maybe i wasn't making myself clear.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)
    Just in response to a comment in the "perfect man" thread im wondering how much of an issue age is to you?

whats your age and what would be too old?

im a "mature student" this september and i will be 24 by the time uni starts.

Im classic tall, dark and handsome and hang around with friends ranging from 19-27 so I dont feel any different to when i was 20/21 years old. I dont want to lie about my age as i think that would be pretty stupid and pointless but how important is age?

I have always been out with younger girls (no younger than 18 FYI ) and it doesnt bother me that they are younger except the odd occasion when their immaturity shows.

just interested to see

EDIT: Ladies and not ladys. i blame it on lack of sleep and tough day at work!
    I don't think 24 is old at all. You're talking like a maxium of 6 years difference or less. That is nothing to stress over, especially because you are male.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by staceford)
    Yeah, i know its a thread about dating, but i'm just generally stating that having friends with an age difference is no problem so i don't feel dating someone with an age difference would be a huge problem. Obviously there would be some sort of age limit but i wouldn't mind dating someone a couple of years older. That's all i was trying to put across, maybe i wasn't making myself clear.
    It's probably more to the fact that i don't pay attention. apologies

ReputationRep:
    I'm 23 and I tend to prefer younger guys. I feel intimidated by older men for some reason, so I tend to like the younger, more immature guys of 18-21. But saying that you never know who you're gonna fall for, so he could be any age and if we really did click and have lots of things in common, then age isn't a deal breaker. Unless he's over 30 and I just wouldn't.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)
    Just in response to a comment in the "perfect man" thread im wondering how much of an issue age is to you?

whats your age and what would be too old?

im a "mature student" this september and i will be 24 by the time uni starts.

Im classic tall, dark and handsome and hang around with friends ranging from 19-27 so I dont feel any different to when i was 20/21 years old. I dont want to lie about my age as i think that would be pretty stupid and pointless but how important is age?

I have always been out with younger girls (no younger than 18 FYI ) and it doesnt bother me that they are younger except the odd occasion when their immaturity shows.

just interested to see

EDIT: Ladies and not ladys. i blame it on lack of sleep and tough day at work!
    I am 24 and will be 25 this year, for friend they range from 18 to 53 but as far as relationships go Id go for 24 to about 40, lol I do like the older man... I cant handle the younger guys, they are less mature then women by about 2 years anyways but I just feel like I have less in common with someone younger then me. Then again the older they get the less in common we probebly would have. My ideal man would be about 30 ish, but I wouldnt say no to some one thats 40. eee does that make me sound as bad as I think it does? :eek:

ReputationRep:
    I'm 20, though I don't think I could see myself with someone aged 24-25, or under 19. But you can't help who you fall for at the end of the day

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Giggles128)
    Oooooo ha!

Why does everyone think its sick and wrong

It wasen't like that..... we were so right for each other and when i was with him i couldent stop smiling
    x

its not necessarily sick. I cant say that because each to their own and all that but I just couldnt imagine going out with a 16 year old.

but some people can and make things work so good for them. just not my bag

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaylei)
    I am 24 and will be 25 this year, for friend they range from 18 to 53 but as far as relationships go Id go for 24 to about 40, lol I do like the older man... I cant handle the younger guys, they are less mature then women by about 2 years anyways but I just feel like I have less in common with someone younger then me. Then again the older they get the less in common we probebly would have. My ideal man would be about 30 ish, but I wouldnt say no to some one thats 40. eee does that make me sound as bad as I think it does? :eek:
    nah that isnt too bad but its just massivley different stages in life. Its just how people feel though really because I know some people that are in their 30s and act as though they are in their late teens so wouldnt be so bad if they went out with someone of a younger age. you're only as old as you feel but 40 is pretty dam old! lol

ReputationRep:
    Wow. You're gorgeous. I would date you, and I'm turning 20.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)
    nah that isnt too bad but its just massivley different stages in life. Its just how people feel though really because I know some people that are in their 30s and act as though they are in their late teens so wouldnt be so bad if they went out with someone of a younger age. you're only as old as you feel but 40 is pretty dam old! lol
    That made me LOL!

I completely agree, you cant choose who you fall in love with!

ReputationRep:
    i wouldn't go for a guy any more than three or four years older than me..

ReputationRep:
    Well, I'm 22 now and the oldest I'd go is probably 29ish I guess. But never say never, it does depend on the guy. But the perfect scenario for me is around my age or around the 22 - 25 age group. I wouldnt go much younger though - about a year younger is probably my absolute limit.

ReputationRep:
    OP, can I ask why you were wondering about age? is this because your going to uni? there will be other mature students you know! lol and there is always the lecturers! ha ha ha thinks back to the post about fancying teachers... ps jesty, Florida rocks and California is next for me!
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    I'm 20, and my boyfriend will be turning 29 this August.

Older men all the way. They know what they're doing! Ha ha. To me, 24 would be quite young!

Sorry to hijack the thread but, I was wondering what ladies think about dating guys who are younger than them, as most of the people in this thread seem to go for older guys. For example: A girl in their mid twenties dating an 18 year old, or would that be too weird? and if so why not the other way around with a guy in their mid twenties and an 18 year old girl. (Btw I'm asking this because I'm 18 and going out with a 25 year old girl, I didn't think of it as an issue but, recently friends have brought it up quite a lot so jw)

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.