Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hope girls who like younger guys are not so rare as I like older girls! [Gonna start uni this September and I'll be 20]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Laura182)
    I'm 19 and oldest would probably be 25.
    Oh God, your sig is totally amusing. :toofunny: :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)
    not meaning me i hope :p:
    no no meant that guy sounds like a pedo.. youre def v cute!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Sorry to hijack the thread but, I was wondering what ladies think about dating guys who are younger than them, as most of the people in this thread seem to go for older guys. For example: A girl in their mid twenties dating an 18 year old, or would that be too weird? and if so why not the other way around with a guy in their mid twenties and an 18 year old girl. (Btw I'm asking this because I'm 18 and going out with a 25 year old girl, I didn't think of it as an issue but, recently friends have brought it up quite a lot so jw)
    I think it's pretty unusual tbh. Don't think any of my friends have ever dated a younger guy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaylei)
    OP, can I ask why you were wondering about age? is this because your going to uni? there will be other mature students you know! lol and there is always the lecturers! ha ha ha thinks back to the post about fancying teachers... ps jesty, Florida rocks and California is next for me!
    well its because ive never seen it as a problem really until it hit me that im turning 24. Well actually im 24 today!! and another thread a girl mentioned how she would never date and older guy. ive realised now that in most circumstances id been seen as an "older guy" even though i dont feel it.

There will be plenty of other mature students but if they are like most people i know id rather hang around with the 20 or so year olds because Im still a real party boy at heart lol.

California is an incredible place just liek most of america. I think even a year of travelling there and there would still be stuff to see. Im hoping to go back there next summer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ramanda)
    Wow. You're gorgeous. I would date you, and I'm turning 20.
    Danke. see, i speak german too. what a catch! lmao

(Original post by KaramelRose)
    I'm 20, and my boyfriend will be turning 29 this August.

Older men all the way. They know what they're doing! Ha ha. To me, 24 would be quite young!
    haha sounds good, i wish knew at 19 what i know now if that makes any sense. yes 20+ you have had a bit more experience of adulthood so can understand that

(Original post by Anonymous)
    Sorry to hijack the thread but, I was wondering what ladies think about dating guys who are younger than them, as most of the people in this thread seem to go for older guys. For example: A girl in their mid twenties dating an 18 year old, or would that be too weird? and if so why not the other way around with a guy in their mid twenties and an 18 year old girl. (Btw I'm asking this because I'm 18 and going out with a 25 year old girl, I didn't think of it as an issue but, recently friends have brought it up quite a lot so jw)
    Some girls i know prefer younger guys so dont lose hope. 23 year old friend goes out with an 18 year old lad.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jesty)
    well its because ive never seen it as a problem really until it hit me that im turning 24. Well actually im 24 today!! and another thread a girl mentioned how she would never date and older guy. ive realised now that in most circumstances id been seen as an "older guy" even though i dont feel it.

There will be plenty of other mature students but if they are like most people i know id rather hang around with the 20 or so year olds because Im still a real party boy at heart lol.

California is an incredible place just liek most of america. I think even a year of travelling there and there would still be stuff to see. Im hoping to go back there next summer
    Hey dont think like that! Im 24 and I would not concider my self as old! some of my friends are in their 30s.

So would you concider an older woman or a younger one? I think its going to be tough for you to get it right at uni because I think you could do with someone thats just starting but that would make them 18. I was so different at 18 to what I am now... So I guess to me dating an 18 yearold would be weird because I know there are some big changes to come in their life.

TBH I think you need to jst go with the flow, see who you meet. You never know who you might fall in love with!

Chin up, you have had at least one offer on here alone!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gaylei)
    Hey dont think like that! Im 24 and I would not concider my self as old! some of my friends are in their 30s.

So would you concider an older woman or a younger one? I think its going to be tough for you to get it right at uni because I think you could do with someone thats just starting but that would make them 18. I was so different at 18 to what I am now... So I guess to me dating an 18 yearold would be weird because I know there are some big changes to come in their life.

TBH I think you need to jst go with the flow, see who you meet. You never know who you might fall in love with!

Chin up, you have had at least one offer on here alone!!
    Im not worried at all about getting with someone really. the only thing i am focusing on is NOT getting into a relationship. At least for the first year if i can help it. been in a few heavy ones and i tend to dive in headfirst . classic example was my latest GF which I fell head over heels for until things just went a bit wrong so ive decided to stay single for a while.

sounds cheesy but that whole "find yourself" thing does have some importance. Im pretty happy being single atm so when im ready for another GF ill be in a good frame of mind and wotn rush into anything.

in terms of age i think i would date 20+ as an aim but my last GF was 19 and was quite mature for her age. as you say it all depends on the person really and seems most people on here agree with that.

good stuff!

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 21, 2009
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.