Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    They rang me up yesterday to follow up an application i made a month or so ago. I was just wondering if anyone else has worked for them, or in a call centre dealing with a similar problem. Whats it like?

ReputationRep:
    where abouts is that id be interested seen as your local

ReputationRep:
    It'll be busy i reckon and it might get annoying with the same question being asked over and over again

ReputationRep:
    I work in a call centre but not related to the NHS or health. It's fine, you get the few awkward customers but the majority are fine, I live near you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by brokenangel)
    where abouts is that id be interested seen as your local
    I'm not sure at the minute, i had to ring back and leave a message. I'll let you know when they reply.

Yeah, i'd imagine it will get busy and its nothing to do with the NHS its a private call centre.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geordie1990)
    I'm not sure at the minute, i had to ring back and leave a message. I'll let you know when they reply.

Yeah, i'd imagine it will get busy and its nothing to do with the NHS its a private call centre.
    Oh right then, well as I say it's usually fine.

ReputationRep:
    i'd love to work in a swine flu call centre

ReputationRep:
    They're opening helplines in the major cities across the country. The jobs are advertised online but in some cases the description is very cryptic and just refers to the requirement to find people who are available to work from the end of this week for 5 days out of 7. The pay ranges from £5-9/hour.
    Keep an eye out on the usual online jobsites if you can do it.

ReputationRep:
    I've just got a job doing this! Applied to a temp agency on Saturday, interviewed today and start the training on thursday Good pay too.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I've just a got a job at the one based in Longbenton.

ReputationRep:
    does anyone want to link it? Or does no one want to help a brother out

ReputationRep:
    anyone have a link to the swine flu helpline job vacancy page? i cant find it ANYWHERE

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by matt_wf)
    anyone have a link to the swine flu helpline job vacancy page? i cant find it ANYWHERE

This!

ReputationRep:
    There are lots of vacancies across the country. Not just in one place. You'll have to say what city your in.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    This!
    ???
    considering this is the student forum and not the NHS, evidently not.

ReputationRep:
    ???
    considering this is the student forum and not the NHS, evidently not.
    What?

ReputationRep:
    haha i bet you will get loads of crazy paranoid people calling you up in tears or something!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    What?
    it was a simple question!
    where on the internet can i find if there are job vacancies for the swine flu helpline?
    ive been on the NHS website and i cant find anything on it

ReputationRep:
    it was a simple question!
    where on the internet can i find if there are job vacancies for the swine flu helpline?
    ive been on the NHS website and i cant find anything on it
    Oh ffs.
    I quoted you and said "This!", meaning: I agree, I want to know too, your post is the same as what I would have written, etc...

It's pretty standard practise on forums. Geddit? :facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Stefxx)
    I've just got a job doing this! Applied to a temp agency on Saturday, interviewed today and start the training on thursday Good pay too.
    Funny how you just told me you got this job (look at my profile )

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.