Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I've also just been offered a job working at the swine flu helpine in Bristol

ReputationRep:
    yep, I've just got a job at one here, training session tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    You with ranstead by any chance at the one behind the metrocentre if so see you one monday.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone done any training or started the job yet? What's it like? What do you have to do exactly?

ReputationRep:
    I think i have this job too, but in swansea. they were messing me around today changing the training day and being really vague about whether I had the job, but they eventually asked me to go for a training day tomorrow at 7. woo! good luck to everyone else applying

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Geordie1990)
    They rang me up yesterday to follow up an application i made a month or so ago. I was just wondering if anyone else has worked for them, or in a call centre dealing with a similar problem. Whats it like?
    I did my training for this today, in Newry! Its brilliant Lol Ring 999 Now!!!:yes: :rolleyes: :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by aSian_cUtY)
    Has anyone done any training or started the job yet? What's it like? What do you have to do exactly?
    Yeah but I started In N. Ireland... Its very good!

ReputationRep:
    They ring me up and leave a message, i ring back and leave a message, they don't respond. *******s.

I have an interview for Sainsburys on monday though!

ReputationRep:
    I'm gutted I missed out on this one. Is anyone in any of the London call centres? Are they looking for anyone else?
    It sounded like my ideal job - I'm a freak and I like working in call centres.

(Original post by mollymustard)
    Looks like I must have been too late I havnt got any replies to my applications.
    So did you end up applying and where/how?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    So did you end up applying and where/how?
    I applied on the londonjobs website but got no response. I think I must have got in there a little too late.

Did you apply?

(Original post by mollymustard)
    I applied on the londonjobs website but got no response. I think I must have got in there a little too late.

Did you apply?
    No I didn't

I've been searching for a link for ages and I couldn't find one and what's worse is I could have easily worked in the london one or another call centre in essex. :sigh:

ReputationRep:
    WTF they called but I missed it...I think I got the job if they called????

They never left a message though and when I called back no response...

I am going to keep trying :rolleyes:

(Original post by Sine)

How did you apply and what number have you been calling?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sleekchic)
    How did you apply and what number have you been calling?
    lol...i applied on the nhs jobs site...the number that called me...it was some 0844 number

ReputationRep:
    i got this job in the west midlands. first day today...8hr shift and only 7 calls. it really fun cuz the pay is good and so far its not that busy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sine)

This happened to me, i called back but its a voicemail service. They haven't responded.

What's the job title?

ReputationRep:
    Am I the only person thats a bit concerned about them just taking general members of public on for this job? You dont even need to be medically trained? They would be better off just sending out another leaflet with all the details on about what to do if you think you've got it (like ring your doc, simple)
    Someone on the end of the phone thats not medically trained makes it pointless ringing in my opinion. Might as well ring the neighbour down the road /

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spazzycazzy)
    Am I the only person thats a bit concerned about them just taking general members of public on for this job? You dont even need to be medically trained? They would be better off just sending out another leaflet with all the details on about what to do if you think you've got it (like ring your doc, simple)
    Someone on the end of the phone thats not medically trained makes it pointless ringing in my opinion. Might as well ring the neighbour down the road /
    Don't be stupid!
    Were trained to very high standards to deal with a multitue of issues!

Besides we dont give the advice but the info given by top physicans displayed on our computer systems!

People like you are just moaners who cry until they attain symtoms...

P.S. we minimise the spread due to minimal human contact!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Have you ever participated in a Secret Santa?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.