Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering what you all think of the differences between private and state schools for sixth form?

One school I looked around had toasters where sixth formers could make toast at break and someone serving drinks. I was like WHAT! This is a real school!! It was lushhh. Would NOT get that kind of service at the local state, that's for sure.

ReputationRep:
    Our state sixth form college gave out free fruit during exam season. Beat that :danceboy:

ReputationRep:
    My grammar (well, if you would count that as state) is fantastic.
    But, hang on, why would you want toast? Wouldn't you get something more hearty at the canteen (and most serve toast anyways)? Lols. I don't see the big deal about that! Most state sixth forms (that I've seen) have kettles and stuffs/mini-kitchens that students can use, too.
    Surely, more to the point is the difference in teaching standards, extra curricular.. etc.?

ReputationRep:
    Excellent grammar school too (which i guess is considered state) - no toast tho

ReputationRep:
    There is no difference, between my state school and the local private school, more of them come to my state than my state go to them...

ReputationRep:
    My sixth forth grammar state school which I'm joining in September has a common room with a toaster, microwave, kettle, fridge, coffee machine & snack machine
    Oh, they're redecorating it too, but tbh it already looks pretty sweet.

We get to visit the LHC in Cern, Geneva for sixth form Physics (at least once).
    Also with the Physics, we're launching a satellite into space.

There's some more boasting I could do but tbh I don't remember all of it xD

Basically, my state school is awesome - but I think Private schools are going to be better on average.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Collo)
    My sixth forth grammar state school which I'm joining in September has a common room with a toaster, microwave, kettle, fridge, coffee machine & snack machine
    Oh, they're redecorating it too, but tbh it already looks pretty sweet.

We get to visit the LHC in Cern, Geneva for sixth form Physics (at least once).
    Also with the Physics, we're launching a satellite into space.

There's some more boasting I could do but tbh I don't remember all of it xD

Basically, my state school is awesome - but I think Private schools are going to be better on average.
    I could do a lot of boasting too, but I'm not stuck up my own arse...

ReputationRep:
    My state college doesn't have any common room, guess that's cos it's not connected to a secondary school tho :P

I wouldn't want toast from some toaster everyone else used anyway and fridge ^^^??? People might steal my water

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ben77mc)
    At least my post was actually on topic, troll.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _Collo)
    At least my post was actually on topic, troll.
    I'm not trolling...
    I go to a school which does more/better things than yours will do, and yet I do not boast about it.

If you think it's necessary to boast about a couple of things, then do it, but prepare to be hated.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not trolling...
    I go to a school which does more/better things than yours will do, and yet I do not boast about it.

If you think it's necessary to boast about a couple of things, then do it, but prepare to be hated.
    Ok, so first you make a point you can't prove, and secondly, I was merely giving an example of a state School which carries out more activities than your typical privet school.

I called you a troll because your post was just a pointless insult, that's generally what trolls do.. making pointless comments and insulting people.

Btw, one of the most popular threads on this board are the results threads, many people there will post all their great results and nobody says they're 'stuck up their own arse' as you so put it...

ReputationRep:
    Cheer up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by GHOSH-5)
    If you go to Manchester Grammar School, then _Collo probably loses this really pointless argument. At the same time, if you do go to MGS, then you lose to me. :awesome:
    I lose to everyone ;]

The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 22 Aug '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Postgraduate Open Evening Postgraduate
    Thu, 23 Aug '18
  3. University of Glasgow
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Tue, 28 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling about GCSE results day?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.