Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

How To Be a Composer Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    EPQ - No idea, I was going to do it on Debussy comparing his ochestral work to a solo piano. But I don't have a ochestral piece so it's gonna be difficult.. :/

So I'm thinking of something else now.. You doing EPQ as well?

On another forum they found out [through RAM website] that he's gonna be teaching.

Hmm.. Not too sure really.
    Oh right, that's a shame, that sounds really interesting. Yeah I am, I'm doing mine on the development of the clarinet and its repertoire since 1700 (well that is my current title, evidently it needs to be even longer :p: ), mainly because it will be useful for my clarinet playing and it's relatively easy to find books on. Plus it was the only feasible idea I had at the time. :yep:

Well that's a bit strange then, I guess he must have a lot of natural talent then :confused:

ReputationRep:
    I don't know because he was a music critic before so maybe that helped him in some way although when he started it he knew absolutely nothing about notes, notes reading rhythm etc.

Ohh I might just talk about how the piano has progressed from a small with no pedals to the modern piano now? :B

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ducklighter)
    I don't know because he was a music critic before so maybe that helped him in some way although when he started it he knew absolutely nothing about notes, notes reading rhythm etc.

Ohh I might just talk about how the piano has progressed from a small with no pedals to the modern piano now? :B
    Yeah I guess so. Yeah that would be quite interesting, it's really hard to think of something to do actually, it took me ages to finally pick a topic, but good luck with deciding! Although we got the impression that your final project isn't really that important, it's more about the process :dontknow:

ReputationRep:
    a good way to get credit for composing specifically could be to take an LCM composing grade exam

i've never done one myself but it looks really cool...i think the assessment is to send of your work, possibly including a recording of it

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
    Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.