Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

tongue piercing/tattoos - girlfriend material? watch

i've heard that guys think that a girl with a tounge piercing or tattoo is trashy or slutty and not girlfriend material but only good to hook up with. is this true? if you saw a classy intelligent girl with a tongue piercing and tattoo on her stomach would you think she was the above? most guys seem to think it means the girl is only up for one thing, and not girlfriend material even if she is classy and post grad??

ReputationRep:
    Tattoos and funky piercings really dont do it for me to be honest.
    Nothing against ear piercings on a girl, though.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone who makes prejudgements like that are shallow. When a guy sees you, will they even notice the inside of your mouth or a tattoo on your stomach? :p: If you're a really lovely person then you're 'girlfriend material'. It just depends if the bloke is 'boyfriend material'...

ReputationRep:
    If I had a gf with piercings and tattoos then ok, let it be. I don't really like tattoos or tongue piercings on girls but I'm not like "OMFG she's got a tattoo, she's a slut!".
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by eden-flower)
    Anyone who makes prejudgements like that are shallow. When a guy sees you, will they even notice the inside of your mouth or a tattoo on your stomach? :p: If you're a really lovely person then you're 'girlfriend material'. It just depends if the bloke is 'boyfriend material'...
    How is that shallow, just like a girl seeing a guy with messed up hair shes going to think hes trashy..Personally i would say generally girls with it i dont find attractive as it makes them seem more promiscuous than they probably are so yeah nose piercings are not girlfriend material.

ReputationRep:
    I have a little tattoo on my wrist. Therefore I'm not girlfriend material.

It's such a stupid generalisation to make.

ReputationRep:
    I have a tattoo and a tongue piercing.
    Oh my god, I am a horrible person with no intelligence and I am definitely not girlfriend material.
    Despite the fact that I'm actually very nice, am at Bristol studying History and have a boyfriend.
    Logic fail.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    How is that shallow, just like a girl seeing a guy with messed up hair shes going to think hes trashy..Personally i would say generally girls with it i dont find attractive as it makes them seem more promiscuous than they probably are so yeah nose piercings are not girlfriend material.
    A stud in your nose/tongue makes you promiscuous? I'd say your actions define you as 'promiscuous', not your looks. If you saw a studious girl sitting in the library with a nose piercing, would you assume she was promiscuous?

And I believe guys with messed up hair are quite 'in' this season :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    i've heard that guys think that a girl with a tounge piercing or tattoo is trashy or slutty ....is this true?
    It is generally true.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    (Original post by eden-flower)
    A stud in your nose/tongue makes you promiscuous? I'd say your actions define you as 'promiscuous', not your looks. If you saw a studious girl sitting in the library with a nose piercing, would you assume she was promiscuous?

And I believe guys with messed up hair are quite 'in' this season :rolleyes:
    I didnt say it makes you more promiscuous but it makes you seem it.

ReputationRep:
    blah blah blah some guys love it, some guys don't, some guys don't really care and just look at the person you are. end of.

ReputationRep:
    i don't think people with piercings or tattoos are slutty and of course they're girlfriend/boyfriend material.. i have my lip pierced though so i may be biased :p:

ReputationRep:
    Peaches Geldof has a lot of tattoos.. I like her! DO IT. I'd marry her anyday.

ReputationRep:
    Hmm.. I have a small tattoo and a tounge piercing, are you suggesting that this automatically makes me a sex hungry, STD ridden tramp who would happily engage in coitus with any willing stranger? :laugh:

Gtfo.

ReputationRep:
    Tongue piercings and small tattoos are fine... Not a ton of lip and nose piercings or a tribal tattoo on your arm. :nah:

ReputationRep:
    I have my tongue pierced and a small tattoo on my ankle. Yes I go around shagging everything that moves and enjoy drinking cider in parks at night. Oh wait, no I don't. I'm in a long-term relationship and have been entirely faithful to my lovely boyfriend.

Sorry but if you actually judge someone on such ridiculous assumptions then you're never going to get a girlfriend, piercings or not.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flugestuge)
    It is generally true.
    You have any evidence for that? :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    I didnt say it makes you more promiscuous but it makes you seem it.
    I'm not saying your ridiculous views make you an idiot, but they make you seem like one.

ReputationRep:
    All generalisations aside. Tattoos and piercings are the person's choice, which sort of gives others a small insight into that individual. However, people thinking that it makes girls look trashy/slutty is society's doing. I assume girls get these because they think it looks good.....end of?

I would never get a tattoo or piercing, mainly because I don't know what I am going to be like when I am 60 odds. But I do like small discrete tattoos on girls, like on their stomach or lower back. Anything too big though just looks kind of tacky, I think. Piercings are ok if they are discrete too (like tongue, ear, belly button)

ReputationRep:
    I don't think I'd ever get a tattoo, simply because it's permanent. I want another ear piercing though, just one more (I just have one in each lobe) but my mum says that it'll look trashy ha. I'll wait til I'm at uni ;D That gives me plenty of time to think it through.

I think that a lot of people do make generalisations about people with tattoos and piercings, but it really does depend on the person.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2010
Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.