Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

tongue piercing/tattoos - girlfriend material? Watch

no it is only a small tongue stud and a small tattoo on stomach which isnt visible when wearing clothes. it is the tongue stud that most guys think makes look like slutty or trashy why??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eden-flower)
    Anyone who makes prejudgements like that are shallow. When a guy sees you, will they even notice the inside of your mouth or a tattoo on your stomach? http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif If you're a really lovely person then you're 'girlfriend material'. It just depends if the bloke is 'boyfriend material'...
    See this^ is what I think if I'm being all reflective and open but when it comes down to it ink just seems to make a girl less desirable. I really can't work out what or why it is but I guess its just like getting a fountain pen and scribbling all over yourself and never being able to wash it off http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/dontknow.gif

(Original post by Anonymous)
    no it is only a small tongue stud and a small tattoo on stomach which isnt visible when wearing clothes. it is the tongue stud that most guys think makes look like slutty or trashy why??
    I think tongue or belly button piercings can look good... tongue studs look kinda cheeky

ReputationRep:
    Edit - I think I'll get in trouble for posting this, but if you missed it, it was a hot suicide girl with a hot tattoo. Should've got here quicker then shouldn't you?

ReputationRep:
    It is generally true.
    most ridiculous thing ive ever heard. i have 5 tattoos and 14 piercings...doesnt mean im promiscuous, just that i like tattoos and piercings...?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0obrighteyeso0)
    Edit - I think I'll get in trouble for posting this, but if you missed it, it was a hot suicide girl with a hot tattoo. Should've got here quicker then shouldn't you?
    I got here quick enough, people always underestimate http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif Yep that was a pretty hot girl but I still think drawings should be on my wall and not my girl.

Im not saying I wouldn't though!

ReputationRep:

slight oxymoron.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by voudreau)
    I got here quick enough, people always underestimate http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/images/smilies/p.gif Yep that was a pretty hot girl but I still think drawings should be on my wall and not my girl.

Im not saying I wouldn't though!
    Haha fair shout then

ReputationRep:
    Haha fair shout then
    Your username makes me think that you are biased when it comes to this subject but you are fighting your corner well!

I don't get why she had giant birds on her tum though http://static.thestudentroom.co.uk/i...s/dontknow.gif

ReputationRep:
    Don't be so backwards. That's the biggest generalisation I've heard in a long time. The truth is that if a womern's covered she will probably go for someone that is within her social circle. And if someone doesn't accept her appearance they're probably not worth the time/effort anyway. I'm getting a custom quarter sleeve soon and the only thing that I despise is people getting them butterfly flash pieces off the wall that someone else already has. The issue that you've stated has never crossed my mind. But then again, coming from holland and knowing the people that I do, makes my perspective a bit more liberal than yours.

ReputationRep:
    The boys I like also have tattoos and piercings =]

ReputationRep:
    EUGH no piercings. no.no.no

Tattoos however, in the right place and not too chavvey :love:

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't date a girl with tattoos or piercings. It's not my cup of tea at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    How is that shallow, just like a girl seeing a guy with messed up hair shes going to think hes trashy..Personally i would say generally girls with it i dont find attractive as it makes them seem more promiscuous than they probably are so yeah nose piercings are not girlfriend material.
    That's the funniest thing I've read all day!!!

ReputationRep:
    I don't care, both can be sexy, but I don't judge a book by it's cover

.....Well I do only if thier hot damm sexy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    That's the funniest thing I've read all day!!!
    Nose piercings are ok but anything else is not for me :/ especially those side-of-the-mouth deeleys.

ReputationRep:
    I have both (lip and tongue piercings, and six tattoos) Does this make me a slut? No, I've been with my fella nearly a year.

All it does is make me ME. I chose my tattoos as they mean something and there is a story behind all of them. Which some blokes actually find interesting, not intimidating or an instant desire to bed me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    Nose piercings are ok but anything else is not for me :/ especially those side-of-the-mouth deeleys.
    Okay, say you met this girl, she was kind, considerate, really interesting to talk to, had lots of things in common, you found her attractive, but she had a lip piercing. What would you do?

ReputationRep:
    I think that the way you present yourself does display a lot about your character. I know this is probs not gonna go down well with a lot of people who read this post but i personally find tattoos & piercings trashy and they don't reflect well on the person. Also, i really hate to say it but you can't usually be very classy and intelligent and be the type who has a tattoo. You'd have to be a highly unusual person to have all those attributes. They don't mix well. So i personally know quite a few guys who wouldn't even hook up with girls with tattoos and piercings beyond the ears. Maybe this is just the environment that i have grown up in or something that makes me think this way, i don't know.

ReputationRep:
    Okay, say you met this girl, she was kind, considerate, really interesting to talk to, had lots of things in common, you found her attractive, but she had a lip piercing. What would you do?
    Are you coming on to me? :p:

I wouldn't mind that much but i don't generally go for girls full of metal. I could handle a single piercing and i don't mind piercings below the waist.

ReputationRep:
    I think it's more of a case of, if you had to choose between two identical twins who had the same personality, he'd go for the one without the piercing.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Has a teacher ever helped you cheat?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
    Hide
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.