Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

tongue piercing/tattoos - girlfriend material? watch

ReputationRep:
    Why would having a certain number of tattoos or piercings make you a "bad girlfriend?"

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    Are you coming on to me? :p:

I wouldn't mind that much but i don't generally go for girls full of metal. I could handle a single piercing and i don't mind piercings below the waist.
    I don't have a lip piercing :p:

But I'm not talking about generally. I'm talking about how much emphasis people put on piercings and attraction.

I think having preferences is one thing, but to deny yourself of the opportunity to be with someone who may be a fantastic match for you, because you 'generally don't go for girls full of metal' is a tragic waste imo.

In the end, I don't think it should matter whether she has a lip piercing or not or a nose piercing or whatever. We shouldn't be that superficial.

ReputationRep:
    I have a tattoo on my wrist on 3 pink hearts in a row not bigger then a centimetre. If anything I'd have thought that said I was really girly rather then a slut

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ilora-Danon)
    I don't have a lip piercing :p:

But I'm not talking about generally. I'm talking about how much emphasis people put on piercings and attraction.

I think having preferences is one thing, but to deny yourself of the opportunity to be with someone who may be a fantastic match for you, because you 'generally don't go for girls full of metal' is a tragic waste imo.

In the end, I don't think it should matter whether she has a lip piercing or not or a nose piercing or whatever. We shouldn't be that superficial.

I can agree but i probably should have been more precise. i don't like the unsightly piercings such as on the cheek or chin. But if i really liked the girl and she was perfect in every other way for me then i wouldnt argue. Plus i can always persuade her to get rid of it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    I can agree but i probably should have been more precise. i don't like the unsightly piercings such as on the cheek or chin. But if i really liked the girl and she was perfect in every other way for me then i wouldnt argue. Plus i can always persuade her to get rid of it
    D'oh.

ReputationRep:
    D'oh.
    There's just no pleasing you Ilora-Danon! :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by yoyo462001)
    How is that shallow, just like a girl seeing a guy with messed up hair shes going to think hes trashy..Personally i would say generally girls with it i dont find attractive as it makes them seem more promiscuous than they probably are so yeah nose piercings are not girlfriend material.
    -takes nose piercing out-
    :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Meh, I absolutely love girls covered in tattoos and piercings...

There is a stigma attached, but its slowly fading out.

One of the directors at work is absolutely covered in tattoo's, 2 half sleeves etc, I only saw during a dress down day, you'd never expect them under her suit.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EGjeff)
    Meh, I absolutely love girls covered in tattoos and piercings...

There is a stigma attached, but its slowly fading out.

One of the directors at work is absolutely covered in tattoo's, 2 half sleeves etc, I only saw during a dress down day, you'd never expect them under her suit.
    I think I just fell in love :lovedup: lol

ReputationRep:
    If I brought a girl back to show to my parents with a lip piercing or dodgy ear scaffolding or about a thousand piercings on one ear then my parents would give me an earfull. . . . .

I'll get my coat.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hachi)
    I think I just fell in love :lovedup: lol
    You love female company directors who wear suits and have tattoo's aye? :p: haha.

Guessing you have some work done!?

ReputationRep:
    I have a tongue piercing and a tattoo and havn't really ever had any negative comments about it. I see no reason why there should be this stigma attached to piercings and tattoos. Hopefully people are not as shallow as to just see these things and nothing else.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EGjeff)
    You love female company directors who wear suits and have tattoo's aye? :p: haha.

Guessing you have some work done!?
    Well yeah fit as
    Yeah 3 tattoos and a tongue piercing.
    My mother found out and hit the roof so now I have to wait till uni to continue sigh.
    Yourself?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    That's the funniest thing I've read all day!!!
    Lol i think i put it rather badly in my first post, but i ironed it out in my later posts

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tom.)
    There's just no pleasing you Ilora-Danon! :p:
    Haha, I'm easily pleased really... gimme a man who couldn't give a crap about how many piercings a girl has, and I'm sorted lol.

ReputationRep:
    I dont mind them at all, there is a point where there are too much, but i dont mind a few, a girl I went out with had 5 and a load of tattoos, she was gorgeous still.

Not shallow enough to let it bother me...but then again it could be because I am totally gothic innit :tongue:

ReputationRep:
    Piercings anywhere other than the ears look pretty horrible in my opinion, some people dont mind them but I have to be honest and say I dont know anyone who finds them attractive.

As for tatoos, a small one somewhere is nothing bad but again. Covered is just ugly

ReputationRep:
    I've got two tattoos and I'm not a slut D: What an extreme generalisation.

ReputationRep:
    Tattoo's can look good or bad on girls, it really depends on the tattoo and where it is

Personally i dont like tongue piercings on anyone

Lip piercings, however, make girls look REALLY attractive, it's amazing. If i had a girlfriend with a lip piercing i'd be a happy man xD

ReputationRep:
    Piercings = phwoar!! I served a girl at work today who had the nostril, lip and various ear piercings going and I must say I rather fancied her so yes, girls with ipercings and tattoos are still girlfriend material.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 4, 2010
Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.