Turn on thread page Beta

Out of sight, out of mind watch

ReputationRep:
    I decided to go to UK for my further studying and I've tried hard to qualified for it. Since I told my girlfriend, out relationship never like before. She feel worried, jealous. She is afraid that out of sight out of mind. I want to go becoz I can bring the bacon back to homeland with my master from UK but I don't want to lose her.
    I am really depressed now

ReputationRep:
    out of sght, out of mind? shes your girfriend, not a bar of chocolate...

if this was to happen then your relationship obviously wasn't all that strong in the first place tbf.....

ReputationRep:
    i want to bring bacon back to my people too
    the beef bacon doesnt really cut it for me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roryq)
    out of sght, out of mind? shes your girfriend, not a bar of chocolate...

if this was to happen then your relationship obviously wasn't all that strong in the first place tbf.....
    take it easy, I never stop loving her. Ok? But she is always worried no matter how I try to convince her

ReputationRep:
    Absence makes the heart grow fonder

ReputationRep:
    Lol at your use of English expressions.

Why not just get a degree/masters there?

ReputationRep:
    Leave your car keys in her purse. Then she will know that you have to return...someday.

Seriously though, it's only one year and then you'll be back so just try to remind her that in the long run it won't be that long. If push comes to shove then maybe you should think about bringing her over?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nath108)
    take it easy, I never stop loving her. Ok? But she is always worried no matter how I try to convince her
    ah right sorry chap. misunderstood ya.

ReputationRep:
    you could bring back the whole damm pig if you want, but doing a masters would take at least a couple of years. it would definatly be worth it and would help future prospects.

You have a great opportunity so just do it (no nike puns plz)

ReputationRep:
    Its only you that can make sure that you relationship stays strong, it is not easy being in a long distance one but it is workable, talk about it more and see if you can both work with being in a LDR. There is a sticky at the top of the H&R forum which is dedicated to LDR problems maybe take a look in there, they may be able to help you.

ReputationRep:
    dont want to be on 13 posts its unlucky lol

ReputationRep:
    I decided to go to UK for my further studying and I've tried hard to qualified for it. Since I told my girlfriend, out relationship never like before. She feel worried, jealous. She is afraid that out of sight out of mind. I want to go becoz I can bring the bacon back to homeland with my master from UK but I don't want to lose her.
    I am really depressed now
    Not that it matters but where is your homeland anyway. just the continent would give me a clear idea.:yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DarrenClarke)
    Not that it matters but where is your homeland anyway. just the continent would give me a clear idea.:yes:
    I'm from Vietnam, 18 hours flight

ReputationRep:
    I'm from Vietnam, 18 hours flight
    Says it all really, a degree would be great but would you go back afterwards, as a person with your skills could earn more elswhere. Vietnam must be a great place but high earning career opportunities, even with a degree may be hard to come by.

I am just an outsider and have never been to vietnam, the nearest ive seen to it was on top gear but its obviously not a large economy by any strecth of the imagination.

Still a good degree opens doors, no matter where you are.

ReputationRep:
    Says it all really, a degree would be great but would you go back afterwards, as a person with your skills could earn more elswhere. Vietnam must be a great place but high earning career opportunities, even with a degree may be hard to come by.

I am just an outsider and have never been to vietnam, the nearest ive seen to it was on top gear but its obviously not a large economy by any strecth of the imagination.

Still a good degree opens doors, no matter where you are.
    yeah, i got your point. I want to return coz of my family and my love. I would try to find chance somewhere else after some years of experiences

ReputationRep:
    you could bring back the whole damm pig if you want, but doing a masters would take at least a couple of years. it would definatly be worth it and would help future prospects.

You have a great opportunity so just do it (no nike puns plz)
    Most Masters just take a year in the UK.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.