Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    How can i prepare for the UKCAT TEST except from the resources on the website and isit to late/early to start now ?

ReputationRep:
    Check out the UKCAT Discussion Thread It's never too late to start!

ReputationRep:
    I done a practise UKCAT test online (first one) and i only got one out of eight right. i find thoses questions REALLYYYY hard , and i can't improve because it doesn't realy explain the correction. What else can i do , is there anything i can do

ReputationRep:
    You could buy a book that'll teach you techniques? They sell them in waterstones but they may be cheaper elsewhere, and there are probably second hand ones on ebay. Other then that, just keep practising, you'll get better!

ReputationRep:
    Hey thanks yh i found this book called 600 practise questions for the ukcat. do you know if it's any good? do you know of any good books in particular thanks

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monkey01)
    Hey thanks yh i found this book called 600 practise questions for the ukcat. do you know if it's any good? do you know of any good books in particular thanks
    Yeah I have that book, it's pretty good. It gives you tips and techniques, so definately give it a go.

ReputationRep:
    Apply2uni (google it) buy the 2 past papers pack. It's £40, but money well spent. Sit the test end of August, so you can sell the pack to other desperate people Hope it's still there!

Edit: Wouldn't you know it - the website's disabled...Just checked. There's my advice out the window.

Righto - listen to the other guys! Get lots of psychiatric books from Waterstone's, and google some psychiatric tests online. It'll help you practice similar questions in a time limit.

ReputationRep:
    Bookswise the Getting into Medical School - 600 questions book by Olivier Picard - published by ISC Medical is the one whose questions are the right level of difficult (actually a little bit harder than the real exam - but good for practicing)

There are some free online materials which may help also.

Here are a few links.

UKCAT Preparation from Emedica - helping you pass the UK Clinical Aptitude Test
    no obligatory sign up - 100 free questions - all cognitive sections covered in UKCAT style with feedback and answers use as many times as you like.

Psychometric Testing
    you can only use it once - and you have to give some details but it is timed and set up like a test covers verbal, quant and abstract

How to pass aptitude tests with example tests
    advice and questions - covers verbal and quant well - absract is called non verbal and is not the same style as UKCAT but still - its practice

CubiksPractice
    covers verbal and quantitative

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys, i'm selling all my ukcat stuff in a bundle, i don't need it. i used the it for Kings application. Since i have an offer from them i no longer need the revision material (yay!) message me for full details. I have quite a few bits an bobs, all brand new, with barely any markings etc.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 23, 2010
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.