Turn on thread page Beta

There's a guy on my course at uni who I really like but I don't know if he feels the same way or just sees us as friends. We've been for lunch twice. The first time I initiated it, the second he suggested it, although it was a bit awkward at times when there were gaps in conversation. He always comes and talks to me and sometimes catch him looking at me but I don't know if he's just been friendly? I would tell him how I feel but as we're on the same course I don't want to tell him and then it end up being really awkward between us. Any advice?

ReputationRep:
    Next time you go on a night out invite him, if he comes spend some time with him and make a move towards the end of the night, if he doesn't reciprocate blame the booze.

ReputationRep:
    What rscully said. Alcohol is the solution in situations like these.

ReputationRep:
    Well he showed an interest and still does. Awkward silences i would put down to him being a little nervous as i expect anyone would be so thats not really his fault.

Maybe meet up again this time and do something that you can talk alot get to know one another abit better, then if the time feels right ask him where or how he feels the relationship should go. It dosent have to make it bad between you two if you say this to him. Hopefully it wont come to that though.

ReputationRep:
    There can always be gaps in conversation. I really do suck at coming up with topics, i just sit there and listen. Seems to work fine as well.

ReputationRep:
    Have an alcohol-fuelled lunch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    There's a guy on my course at uni who I really like but I don't know if he feels the same way or just sees us as friends. We've been for lunch twice. The first time I initiated it, the second he suggested it, although it was a bit awkward at times when there were gaps in conversation. He always comes and talks to me and sometimes catch him looking at me but I don't know if he's just been friendly? I would tell him how I feel but as we're on the same course I don't want to tell him and then it end up being really awkward between us. Any advice?

Invite him round to yours, say you just got the latest movie and have nobody decent to watch it with. then snuggle up to him during and if he accepts it, fun ensues.

ReputationRep:
    No. The Ladder Theory - look it up.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Entangled)
    No. The Ladder Theory - look it up.
    I just looked it up. That's really stupid tbh.

thanks! yeah i'm gonna give it a go and invite him somewhere again but i'm not gonna see him until sept when we're back at uni!!!!! which is really rubbish!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    I just looked it up. That's really stupid tbh.
    It's a good bit of fun though, to be fair.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year
Poll
A-level students - how do you feel about your results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.