Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

If an earthquake struck right now, what would you do? watch

ReputationRep:
    Die.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elementric)
    If it was a serious one (which we don't get in the UK but whatever..) I'd go into my garden.... Not sure why others haven't said this; you're much safer in an open outside area where nothing is going to fall on you and kill you.

A tree?

OP; I'd probably just cry tbh. I'm pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    If it was a big one I'd get outside as quickly as possible. If it was just small I'd just sit and enjoy it.

ReputationRep:
    Yh I'd either dive through my window and live or just die cause everything would come through the roof.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bubbles*de*Milo)
    A tree?

OP; I'd probably just cry tbh. I'm pathetic.
    Only if there's nowhere in your garden were you can be the height of any tree away from its base. :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I'd shout 'O BALLS' and hide under the bed with my cat

ReputationRep:
    If it was in another country then I'd pretty much carry on with whatever I'm doing.

ReputationRep:
    I'd check out SKY news to see what was happening.

Then i'd come and post on TSR to see what everyone else is doing.

Then i'd reach under my bed pull out my AK-47 for just such an occasion and go looting! :party:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kagutsuchi)
    Self-explanatory really.
    Pee my self, then run around like a headless chicken, then wonder how ironic it was that I was on a thread to do with earthquakes and an earthquake occured.

ReputationRep:
    Probably go and stand in the stairwell, I think it's pretty well reinforced... although it's ability to withstand an earthquake is questionable. I'm 7 floors up with floor to ceiling windows so doing a runner probably wouldn't be an option.

ReputationRep:
    Play dead, and hope it doesn't notice me

ReputationRep:
    Probably save my hamsters.

ReputationRep:
    Go outside. I'm no conformist!

ReputationRep:
    We've had two mild ones in the South East over the last 4 years, and according to earthquake experts, this is going to be a regular thing down here, esp in our town!
    They're pretty cool when they're small.

ReputationRep:
    I swear to god if an eartquake happens right now im jhAHnuhawnkhjionf;awjf;Jfwq[wefjetgjwepj`ej` DAMN YOU OP!!!!! What sorcery is this....now im over it

ReputationRep:
    punch the nearest midget i can find

ReputationRep:
    Shout at the telly in a desperate bid to get Jeremy Kyle to come save me. Just cause he's a babe.

ReputationRep:
    I assume I would shake abit

ReputationRep:
    shake the other way to the earthquake... it should counteract any shaking that the earthquake makes me do

... then find out thats pretty useless :p:

ReputationRep:
    Think of the old saying, 'earthquakes don't kill people, buildings do'. Then think how sad that was. Then think oh crap why am I still stood here, and get outside.

Poll
Do you agree with the PM's proposal to cut tuition fees for some courses?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.