Turn on thread page Beta

If an earthquake struck right now, what would you do? watch

ReputationRep:
    Put my clothes back on.

ReputationRep:
    Take my laptop, ipod and notebook and go outside to the nearby park :yep:

ReputationRep:
    Try to get outside if there was enough space, if not I'd go stand in a doorway :yep:

ReputationRep:
    hide under the bed lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n0c0ntr0l)
    A proper earthquake... stay right where I am, corner of the house.
    Have you been sent to the corner to face the wall? Been naughty again?

I'd follow the animals. Animals always know what to do by instinct right? :woo:

ReputationRep:
    Last time there was an earthquake I just carried on reading my book...it wasn't a bad earthquake though.

ReputationRep:
    I'd quake harder.

ReputationRep:
    If its short and small you wont really have enough time to react to make it outside.......if its long and powerful then again probably not enough time to react to avoid the building collapsing....if the building does not fall in then maybe try and make it to the nearest exit (although if the building is swaying the top half will fall in the direction the building is swaying in) so maybe being outside wont help.......maybe head for the nearest tub...bath tub and lie down if anything falls on top hopfully i'l be in an airpocket thus enableing the emergency services to get me out lol.......although this plan also has a flaw most houses these days have the bathroom upstairs...so first id have to get upstairs to get in the bath.

OK in real life i would probably panic and by the time thats over i would either be dead or burried.

Poll
Which accompaniment is best?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.