Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misslaurabee)
    Whereabouts in Japan did you go? When I went we visited Tokyo, Kyoto and Nara, so a mixture of city and slightly more rural(ish) areas, which were lovely.
    Unfortunatly, we only went to Tokyo - we were going to be going to Kyoto and Osaka, but the organisers forgot to look into costs of the JR rail pass/shinkansen. Hopefully the next trip they'll be a bit more organised though =]

ReputationRep:
    http://www.exeterguild.org/content/1...ing_a_society/
    More societies listed on there.
    The page posted before was only for societies with websites. That meant a few weren't on there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sephrenia)
    Unfortunatly, we only went to Tokyo - we were going to be going to Kyoto and Osaka, but the organisers forgot to look into costs of the JR rail pass/shinkansen. Hopefully the next trip they'll be a bit more organised though =]
    Aw cool, well Tokyo was my favourite bit of the trip, amazing city to be in, especially the Shibuya district. Thank you for all the information I'll make sure to join the Japanese society if I meet my offer and go to Exeter this Autumn.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kayzy)
    its sort of based around the animal behaviour course and people who are intersted in animals

but its actually an excuse for us to have a regular socials and hopefully trips to the zoo etc

theres some charity stuff but im social sec so i tend to just be in charge of arranging nights ou :cheers:
    ooooh wow!!! that sounds amazing! I'm joining as soon as I get there :yes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **EM**)
    From what i've heard from friends already at uni societies are an awsome place to meet friends and get involved. Thus i've been thinking "i'll give that a try", the problem is i really have no idea which one/ones to try. I mean aren't the majority based around sport? which by the way i am great at watching/spectating but definitely NOT playing. I did a lot of drama but don't want to join a dramatic societey full of drama students because to be honest i only ever used to p1ss about with drama, nothing serious. i'm going to sound really boring now but the only extra-ciricular things i did at college was read and go clubbing.
    so essentially the question i'm asking is are there any societies that are not sport based, where i can just meet people, drink and have a laugh without having to do anything "society-ish", i realise i'm probably asking a lot/being ridiculous.
    thanks
    If you're interested in acting and stuff like that XTV is a really great society to join - it's Exeter's student-run television station and there are loooads of acting opportunities in comedy/drama and also lots of presenting work, but there seem to very few drama students involved. There's also a lot of behind-the-scenes opportunites for camera work, editing, sound, writing, all that sort of stuff. It's like a mini BBC, I guess....

ReputationRep:
    What's CMIT, fleclalicious? (was just looking at your sig)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flecalicious)
    If you're interested in acting and stuff like that XTV is a really great society to join - it's Exeter's student-run television station and there are loooads of acting opportunities in comedy/drama and also lots of presenting work, but there seem to very few drama students involved. There's also a lot of behind-the-scenes opportunites for camera work, editing, sound, writing, all that sort of stuff. It's like a mini BBC, I guess....
    Really? i like to flatter myself and think that i'm hilarious, when i said i did drama, this was at GCSE, i mean i took the lead in the school plays and i got an A but Drama feel by the wayside at college, I like the sound of that society, ummm perhaps

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by **EM**)
    Really? i like to flatter myself and think that i'm hilarious, when i said i did drama, this was at GCSE, i mean i took the lead in the school plays and i got an A but Drama feel by the wayside at college, I like the sound of that society, ummm perhaps
    Don't worry, I'm on the committee and I dropped drama in year 9 obviously I'm biased because I love it to pieces but it's such an amazing society, and it's totally unlike anything you'll find in the other socs.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by flecalicious)
    Don't worry, I'm on the committee and I dropped drama in year 9 obviously I'm biased because I love it to pieces but it's such an amazing society, and it's totally unlike anything you'll find in the other socs.
    Ah ok, count me in, i'm not claiming to be brilliant but i'll give it a try

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
    Useful resources
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.