Turn on thread page Beta

Would you contact an old spark? watch

ReputationRep:
    OK, very first few days at uni, I sparked with a girl. The attraction was there perfectly. Would it be wierd to look her up or do a missed connections or whatevez, given that uni was ages ago..or is there harmless fun in a bit of idle curiosity?

ReputationRep:
    go for it, whats the worst that could happen?

ReputationRep:
    Just go for it. Why not, Can't do any harm

ReputationRep:
    go for it mate, but be prepared for the possibility of being let down.. I got in touch with an old really good male friend and he had changed completely so that wasn't good.. point is, people change in a few years-ish time so as long as you don't have too high expectations, go for it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flavity)
    go for it mate, but be prepared for the possibility of being let down.. I got in touch with an old really good male friend and he had changed completely so that wasn't good.. point is, people change in a few years-ish time so as long as you don't have too high expectations, go for it!
    I probably haven't given enough info. We barely even spoke. but I knew we had such a connection. Unfortunately I had hassles and had to quit that year. But she was gorgeous and I woulnd't mind looking her up for fun. Is it real weird given that we just flirted but never really got into a convo or past that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chillaxer)
    I probably haven't given enough info. We barely even spoke. but I knew we had such a connection. Unfortunately I had hassles and had to quit that year. But she was gorgeous and I woulnd't mind looking her up for fun. Is it real weird given that we just flirted but never really got into a convo or past that?
    Nah thats not weird at all to be honest. Sometimes at one point in life you have small convo's or whatever with people and then end up meeting them later in life and find that you get on with them really well and talk to them a lot more often.

So if you're saying you had this spark.. go for it!

ReputationRep:
    Nah thats not weird at all to be honest. Sometimes at one point in life you have small convo's or whatever with people and then end up meeting them later in life and find that you get on with them really well and talk to them a lot more often.

So if you're saying you had this spark.. go for it!
    OK, now it's a question of how I find her. I know her hall of residence and year but not sure how to find that

ReputationRep:
    OK, now it's a question of how I find her. I know her hall of residence and year but not sure how to find that
    Facebook?

ReputationRep:
    Facebook?
    Don't know here name-only her uni, hall and year..and ethnicity vaguely

ReputationRep:
    Don't know here name-only her uni, hall and year..and ethnicity vaguely
    Oh dear lord.. so you are saying you flirted about with this girl, had a spark with her.. yet you have no clue what her name is?? :eek:

I have no idea how you are going to find her.. unless you actually go to the halls yourself? Also, don't halls change every year?

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear lord.. so you are saying you flirted about with this girl, had a spark with her.. yet you have no clue what her name is?? :eek:

I have no idea how you are going to find her.. unless you actually go to the halls yourself? Also, don't halls change every year?
    I did tell you I barely know her. I just had a spark, then had to leave.
    She may be on record or freidnsreuinted.

ReputationRep:
    Well.. if you don't even know her name, every way of finding her is going to be difficult..

ReputationRep:
    If you do find her, let us all know good luck!

ReputationRep:
    If you do find her, let us all know good luck!
    no way of doing it tbh. Can't find a way on freindsreunited

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by roryq)
    go for it, whats the worst that could happen?

Let's hope he hasn't been on the Dr Pepper. :yes:

ReputationRep:
    no way of doing it tbh. Can't find a way on freindsreunited
    if you've got your heart set on her, you could always go to her halls one day and just be like.. 'oh hi, I was in the area and thought I would say hi.. remember me?'

And just pray that she knows who you are :p:

ReputationRep:
    if you've got your heart set on her, you could always go to her halls one day and just be like.. 'oh hi, I was in the area and thought I would say hi.. remember me?'

And just pray that she knows who you are :p:
    Nah, this was years ago-shes not at uni or halls anymore

ReputationRep:
    Go for it! You have nothing to lose.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, this was years ago-shes not at uni or halls anymore
    I feel for you I really do, its a bit annoying loosing someone like that - but it would have helped if you had a name. How about trying to find people that are mutual friends? If you went to the same uni (did you?) then maybe you know people that may also know her?

Other than that.. I'm out of ideas, I did try though

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: July 20, 2009
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.